speedo and tacho problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasViper

Reaction score
Hi all.
I was just wondering what would cause both my speedo and tacho to stop working simultaneously? I was cruising around, urban street environment, and all of a sudden they both stopped working. I can't remember hitting any major bumps.
Have a 95, 2.7L diesel, non turbo.

Thanks for your response Old.Tony. the panel lights work in that area, this seems unlikely if the earth is missing.

Speedo is mechanically driven off off the gearbox and tacho off the back of the fuel pump or alternator. Only thing that will kill them both is a stopped engine.

There's not much else in common between the two. I assume the speedo isn't a cable type, it is electronic?

The best person to answer would be Dion, who knows these trucks really well.

Speedo is mechanically driven off off the gearbox and tacho off the back of the fuel pump or alternator. Only thing that will kill them both is a stopped engine.
which is exactly what has me confused.

There's not much else in common between the two. I assume the speedo isn't a cable type, it is electronic?

I would need to double check in the morning but am failry certain it is cable type speedo and tacho.

Thanks for the replies :)

I've got both an 86 petrol navara and a 92 diesel Terrano and in both they're cable speedo and electric tacho. It might have changed by 95 but the updates really came closer to 98 as they were preparing for the D22

Hi all. I wanna say thanks for your help in this matter. I have worked out both tacho and speedo are electronic...had a good look at the fuses and replaced one that was faulty and now everything is hunky dory :)

Latest posts

Back