New torque converter coming my way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
After putting up with a vibration through the entire car when moving through 90-100kph range Nissan have finally decided to fit a new torque converter under warranty.

Thank you Nissan

I did tell them the problem was the torque converter some months ago but they wouldn't believe me. Even after i said the forum members said it was the cause. They said "don't believe everything you read on forums." I nearly fell over laughing. Ummm, who do i believe then, Nissan?

I did tell them the problem was the torque converter some months ago but they wouldn't believe me. Even after i said the forum members said it was the cause. They said "don't believe everything you read on forums." I nearly fell over laughing. Ummm, who do i believe then, Nissan?

Yeah, someone here also once mentioned along similar lines and that we here on this forum are insignifcant....But hey, who are we to argue!

Enjoy your new smooth running ride. Thanks nissan.....

I too was told not to believe everything I read on the internet.

Trouble is, symptoms are often described in text and not very clearly, which is a stark contrast to taking the vehicle to someone and seeing, hearing and feeling the problem for yourself. The lack of information is something that we've seen, and attempted to address, on numerous occasions in the past.

The difference (in my mind) is passion. A service droid is usually there for a paycheck and is quite possibly thinking more about what pick-up line he's going to try on the barmaid after work.

I'm not here on the forum for a buck, so my entire approach to dealing with the car, and issues surrounding the car, has become more a thing of the heart. It means that I remember symptoms reported by others, I make connections with what someone MIGHT mean with what's been reported in here before. And, more importantly, my entire focus on this is specifically Navara.

I don't believe for an instant that I'm alone, but I can truly only speak for myself. I think this attitude - and passion - is what makes the difference. It's the mechanism by which we can diagnose issues with a car by reading just a few lines of text describing the symptoms.

So the dealers MIGHT think it's perfectly acceptable to decry the results we get here, but when we're consistently ahead of the game, I have to wonder sometimes if more dealers shouldn't get in here and get a glimpse of how things are dealt with here.

It might make them think twice about bagging the abundant wealth of collective experience that abounds in the people that frequent this place.

I too was told not to believe everything I read on the internet.

Trouble is, symptoms are often described in text and not very clearly, which is a stark contrast to taking the vehicle to someone and seeing, hearing and feeling the problem for yourself. The lack of information is something that we've seen, and attempted to address, on numerous occasions in the past.

The difference (in my mind) is passion. A service droid is usually there for a paycheck and is quite possibly thinking more about what pick-up line he's going to try on the barmaid after work.

I'm not here on the forum for a buck, so my entire approach to dealing with the car, and issues surrounding the car, has become more a thing of the heart. It means that I remember symptoms reported by others, I make connections with what someone MIGHT mean with what's been reported in here before. And, more importantly, my entire focus on this is specifically Navara.

I don't believe for an instant that I'm alone, but I can truly only speak for myself. I think this attitude - and passion - is what makes the difference. It's the mechanism by which we can diagnose issues with a car by reading just a few lines of text describing the symptoms.

So the dealers MIGHT think it's perfectly acceptable to decry the results we get here, but when we're consistently ahead of the game, I have to wonder sometimes if more dealers shouldn't get in here and get a glimpse of how things are dealt with here.

It might make them think twice about bagging the abundant wealth of collective experience that abounds in the people that frequent this place.

Well said and i agree totally.

When they informed me that i shouldn't believe what i read i these forums i told them that i had been informed of every recall associated with my car through this forum long before being contacted by Nissan or a stealer. They had no come back. Funny that.

Latest posts

Back