Dynamatt installation question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
im ordering a dynamat pack off ebay to sound deaden my nav.
with the door should i just take the plastic cover off and stick it to that side, or the inside of the outside of the door?
cause that would make it hard work getting it past the window?
i was thinkjust behind the plastic cover part of the door.

when i get it done ill tell you guy's if it work's and how well.
cause im doing roof both front door and driver and passenger wheel well.

Window shouldn't be a problem, it occupies almost no door space once wound up. I imagine the trouble you would have would be getting the sheets through the small holes in the inner panel, could be frustrating.

i've used this stuff is car stereo installs to stop sound refraction through door speakers off the door panel. to work efficiently it needs to be installed on the inside of the outer door skin. if you can't fit whole piece inside door i think you can cut it into strips. be sure to clean all surfaces first to remove any dust etc that would cause matts to fall off.

yeah im thinking doing all the cutting and what not sounds like alot of work, so i think im going to do the inner panel, it's not to increase sound quality it's to keep road noise out so it should help doing it that way.
cause i think shonky did it that way.

if you look at shonky's member's ride,
in the first part he did the same thing and i plan on doing mine the same way.

slightly off topic....anyone know if that rhino liner stuff sound deadens? been thinkn bout painting the floor and door inners with it.

yeah it would work but isn't that rhino lining stuff real dear?
cause to do my tray like a couple of year's ago they want 800.
i reckon the dynamat is probably the cheapest best option.
once it is all in and fitted ill let you guy's know how it went.

it arrived yesterday and wow it's fing heavy i reckon the 9 sheets would weigh like 10 to 15 kg.
so that is the sunday job

Latest posts

Back