D22 ZD30 turbo option's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

My turbo is fine but when the day comes to replace I am wondering if a ball bearing turbo would be a suitable replacement.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines.

Dave.

yeah id go a ball bearing. can then just replace the bearings when they go.

Id say you would still have to get it balanced. I would anyway, considering the compressor wheel spins at 50,000 plus rpm.

What got me thinking is making the engin more responsive, ball bearing turbo's will come on boost faster.

Dave.

Yeah youll still have to get it balanced but itd be easier/cheaper to put new bearings in then make new bushes

I think I'd have to go with a ball bearing turbo as well if the original one ever fails, they require about half the oil flow of the floating bush turbo's so you get a fair bit more oil flow available to feed the rest of the engine.

I'd also go with a water cooled unit too, it pretty much kills the need for a turbo timer, since I have a timer I wouldn't remove it but I'd probably set it to 30 seconds and that would be ample time to let the turbo cool off after a run.

Anyone got spec's on the factory turbo.

I might look up the garret catalogue for spec's on there ball bearing turbo's.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back