PDA

View Full Version : tigerz winch info needed

scooba_285
03-03-2012, 11:27 PM
hi all, just wondering who has a tigerz winch and what they think of it, havent heard alot about them and wondering if there any good and do they fit on a standard winch bar?

Jason
04-03-2012, 01:28 AM
I think they get a good rap from what I've read/seen.

I'm looking at the 12000LB with Dyneema rope. Good price.

BShifty
04-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Check Youtube. 4WD TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfEkhf3--M

Boosted
04-03-2012, 02:31 AM
They are pretty good. For the few times ive used it it seems pretty good.

hosery
04-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Ive got a 12000lb tigerz with rope. Had it only couple months but works great. Got me out of some serious bog holes already. It fits straight into standard winch bar. Look on here a thread the other day about a tigerz shop think the thread was called somthing bout cheper 4x4 gear. They had them pretty cheap

scooba_285
04-03-2012, 03:22 AM
yeah i saw that thread thats why i am considerin getting a tigerz over others

Widge87
05-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Iv got a 10,000lb one on my D40, used it a few times and works great. Fitted my ARB bar without any trouble. The only thing you may want to check, is if you need an offset hawse fairlead if you are running rope, I did. Oh and the hook is HUGE!!!! haha

scooba_285
05-03-2012, 06:49 AM
The only thing you may want to check, is if you need an offset hawse fairlead if you are running rope

what do you mean by that? i dont understand

scottybobcat
05-03-2012, 06:55 AM
I was there today.I saw the internals of the winch as well and they look good. They have 22000lb 12v winches as well. I know Woody D40 has a tigerz winch and is very happy with his.

scooba_285
05-03-2012, 07:07 AM
sweet as, looks like the way to go with the prices recently

scottybobcat
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
the prices are staying down as well. He is the wholesaler.

scooba_285
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
thats awesome, i read somewhere that their having a $2 million sale so i thought thats why, so i thought i had to do it quickly

kevinm1962
05-03-2012, 07:39 AM
i just bought the 12000lb today. Go to ebay type in Tigerz11 it will take you right ,it will also show you the comparo with a warn and 1 other pretty good i reckon. kev

jarryd
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
what version you guys getting the grande or hercules?

scooba_285
05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
im thinking hercules 12 000lb with rope, whats the difference between havin rope or cable other than weight? theres like a 30-40kg difference

Jason
05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm thinking of the 12000LB Grande with rope.

Bought the winch frame for my TJM bullbar today. Just need to order the winch now.

Jason
05-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Whats the difference between havin rope or cable other than weight? theres like a 30-40kg difference

Found this guide:

Synthetic Ropes Versus Steel Cables For Your 4WD Winch

Before the advent of great synthetic rope technology like Dyneema rope , a lot of winch rope were in fact steel cables, which were the best option when the choice was either steel cables or natural fibre ropes. Depending on what you are doing with your 4WD, some people still prefer steel cables, though before you decide what will suit your needs best it’s a good idea to think about the pros and cons. The following are some of the main points to consider when choosing between synthetic ropes and steel cables.

Reasons To Use Synthetic

One of the great reasons to choose synthetic ropes is because they are extremely light and very strong, meaning you will be able to carry more weight on your winch than you would if it were steel cable. Unlike their natural fibre predecessors, synthetic ropes won’t rot and if you have to cut a synthetic rope it is easy to reseal the end by just melting it with a lighter. As far as maintenance goes, synthetic ropes win again as there is virtually no maintenance necessary, and synthetic ropes are easier to untangle than steel cables if you ever end up with your ropes in a twist.

Things To Be Wary Of When Using Synthetic

If you don’t own a good set of gloves, synthetic ropes can rip all of the skin off your hand if you aren’t careful, so you need to be really careful and wearing good gloves when relaying synthetic cable. Burrs also have a tendency to stick to synthetic ropes so again you need to be careful when relaying cable as the spikes from the burrs can sometimes go straight through a glove. Finally, synthetic ropes have no fire resistance to them, so they can and will burn, so be careful if using them in situations where this might become an issue.

Advantages Of Using Steel Cables

Despite the incredible advances in synthetic ropes, there are still some great reasons to use steel cables. For one they are almost half the price of synthetic ropes, so for a cheaper option that can still do the trick, steel cables are a good move. Steel cables are also great as far as abrasion resistance goes and when lowering a vehicle, some say steel cables have better shock resistant qualities.

Disadvantages To Using Steel Cables

Using steel cables can be quite a lot of work, as they need to be lubricated, cleaned and maintained regularly if you hope for them to last a decent length of time. The extra weight of steel cables is also a big factor as they add a lot of weight and bulk to your vehicle.

Both synthetic ropes and steel cables certainly have their time and their place to shine, though when all things are considered, you and your 4WD will likely be better off with synthetic ropes on your winch. Synthetic ropes allow you to keep your vehicle as light and manoeuvrable as possible while still having the ability to do some recovery work, so for your best all round performance, choose synthetic.

I've also read that steel cables are better for heat dissipation from the winch drum, especially winches that have the brake inside the drum.

jarryd
05-03-2012, 08:29 AM
maybe ill let you be the test run jason lol , i have a tjm bar i dunno if it will fit ...

Widge87
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
If you get a winch with rope, it will come with a aluminium fairlead (hawse type) not the roller type. There is two types, a straight one and an offset one (see links below). I needed the offset fairlead, to lift the rope slot up away from the bottom of the square cut-out in the bar. Hard to explain. Hope this help Glenn

http://tigerz11.com.au/products/OFFSET-HAWSE-FAIRLEAD.html
http://tigerz11.com.au/products/HAWSE-FAIRLEAD.html

Jason
05-03-2012, 08:36 AM
maybe ill let you be the test run jason lol , i have a tjm bar i dunno if it will fit ...

I emailed Paul from Tigerz last night and asked him if the 12000LB Grande would fit the T15 Bar, he said no problems.

jarryd
05-03-2012, 08:40 AM
cool i might email him too , i have the t13 bar

mike1303
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Hearing these great feedbacks makes me happy to consider other brands other then warn etc

scooba_285
05-03-2012, 10:05 AM
yeah im sold, thanks for thats info on rope vs cable jason, jus gotta get my dints fixed first lol, whats the difference between the grande and hercules?

Jason
05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Bigger motor and longer warranty from what I can see, think the control box is a bit heavier duty as well.

Jon
05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
the hercules is the older model from 08. It uses the older style solenoids and not the thompson solenoid. It also has the old style braking system whereas the new one is more refined in every way. Warranty is 1yr on winch and 6 months on the control box for hercules whereas it is 5 years and 2 years for the grande. I did hear somewhere you had to get it serviced yearly to keep the 5 yr warranty but dunno how true that part is.

luke91
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
With these winches does the control box fit under the bullbar or on top. I'm hoping for underneath.

Jon
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
i doubt you will get it underneath. Can put it anywhere under the bonnet if you feel like extending the cables and have the room for it. This goes for any winch really not just the tigerz

equipt
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I have the new type fitted to my xrox bar and it is awesome, it got a flogging on Sunday and did it no dramas at all. I am working on relocating my control box into the engine bay and fitting in cab controls.

Here is a vid of it in action yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWaVBW59mk&list=UUXDFos-k1d2RZn4_YXOG7mw&index=17&feature=plcp

Jason
06-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Winch ordered!

dfgeorge
06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
me to, just ordered it :-)

Pix
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I should probably get on to one of these soon. Want sliders first though...

Navaratourer
06-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Have just been told by my local 4x4 mech that runva are comparable in quality and price but have better warranty? Just thought I'd let you all know,

SIMASH!!!
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
i have a 12000lb tigerz winch and for $775 including postage i'd say you cant go wrong, it came with a 5 yr warranty and as long as its serviced once a year it remains valid, the amount of good reviews i've heard on forums, word of mouth and from magazines i dont think you can go wrong for the price and its 12000lb!!!! check out some of the youtube clips, they put the winches through some serious torture. only thing i have heard that could be a problem is that if water does get into the clutch or brake it cant escape due to it having supposed 100% water proof seals, although i'm sure if you give it some moderate use it would heat up and dissipate

terryc
07-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Has anyone found a list of local service agents any where?

Navaratourer
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.runvawinch.com.au/, lifetime warranty.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/?_nkw=Runva%20winch&_dmpt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&_ds=1&_fcid=15&_localstpos=2450&_sc=1&_sop=15&_stpos=2450&gbr=1

scooba_285
11-03-2012, 12:40 AM
does anyone know if you need a offset hawse on the standard d22 winch bar to run a rope winch?

SIMASH!!!
11-03-2012, 02:34 AM
if its the nissan steel bar no you dont

SIMASH!!!
11-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Has anyone found a list of local service agents any where?

steve hobbs aka mr tigerz11 told me that any 4wd outlet or "respectable" hyundai dealership (my old work) would be fine for servicing. i'd prob choose your local 4wd mob though as i've never seen a terracan in a situation needing a winch :)

hosery
11-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Just look at your bull bar. If the cut out for your winch has bolt holes in line with it you dont need offset hawse. If the bolt holes are below the cut out you will need offset hawse

scooba_285
14-03-2012, 06:42 AM
has anybody put a tigerz hawse on their factory winch bar? wondering if they bolt straight on or need to be modified somewhat because the cut out seems big to suit the roller fairlead, also where does the number plate get relocated to?

hosery
14-03-2012, 07:15 AM
It should fit, the bolt holes on the hawse fairlead are 255mm apart hopfully that helps. Number plate could try getting a slimline one for the front, or just move it to one side but to one side looks dicky IMO.

scooba_285
14-03-2012, 10:13 AM
yeah i dont go much on havin it to the side but seems to be the only option

scooba_285
15-03-2012, 09:28 AM
i cant decide whether to get rope or cable

RustyNav09
15-03-2012, 09:44 AM
i would go rope. its lighter and stronger but does need ot be taken care of. liek washing after use and also make sure you wear gloves when spooling it back in or itll take ur fingers off.

rusty

Jason
15-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I went rope for those reasons ^^^

scooba_285
15-03-2012, 09:52 AM
it would be prone to being cut on a rock though wouldnt it?

Jason
15-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I suppose it would, you would just need to plan your recovery to avoid rocks or protect the rope with a towel or something?

I just can't wait to get it fitted on Saturday so I can skull drag something with it as a test. Might go around to neighbours houses at night and move their cars........

scooba_285
15-03-2012, 10:12 AM
hahahaha that would be a good test, maybe flip them on their roof lol or purposly get bogged

RustyNav09
15-03-2012, 10:20 AM
as stated you would try to avoid rocks even with steel cable. maybe use ur recovery dampener/blanket under neath where it will be rubbing on the rocks.

equipt
15-03-2012, 10:23 AM
I would go rope, I think cable adds about 20kgs at least to the weight and they are heavy enough as it is.

Geoff3DMN
15-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I went for cable but only because it was cheaper and I don't expect to be using the winch on a regular or even semi-regular basis, for me it's a just in case of once in a blue moon I need a winch.

If I was actually going to be using it much I'd have gone for rope too.

scooba_285
17-03-2012, 02:10 AM
can someone who has a rope winch on a standard winch bar put up a pic of the hawse? curious to see what it look like

Hodge
18-03-2012, 03:49 AM
I was almost gonna go for an avenger or even pay a bit more for the warn, but if these tigers are as good as the reputation follows it, this is an absolute bargain.

Edit: Anybody have this on a ARB bar on their 22 ? Fit alright? And how difficult was the install ?

Cheers.

Geoff3DMN
18-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Edit: Anybody have this on a ARB bar on their 22 ? Fit alright? And how difficult was the install ?

I've got an ARB commercial bar on a D22 and a Tigers11 12000lb winch but the winch is sitting on the bench waiting to be installed.

I won't have time until the next school holiday break but I'm happy to take notes as we are installing it (and some photos if I can do that and not drop things like winches on myself at the same time).

Hodge
18-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I've got an ARB commercial bar on a D22 and a Tigers11 12000lb winch but the winch is sitting on the bench waiting to be installed.

I won't have time until the next school holiday break but I'm happy to take notes as we are installing it (and some photos if I can do that and not drop things like winches on myself at the same time).

Cheers mate. I'm definitely considering getting this winch, and would like to install my self, but just uneasy about the electrical side of it. Some say it's a breeze while others think it's rocket science to figure out.

scooba_285
18-03-2012, 07:37 AM
i ended up ordering a 12000lb cable winch yesterday, hopefully its here by next weekend

Widge87
18-03-2012, 08:06 AM
The wiring side of fitting is super easy. All the cables from the control box and terminals on the motor are colour coded, so all you need to do is connect the colours. Just a bit of info, I pulled mine out yesterday to inspect it after some bonnet deep water crossings last weekend, and there wasn't a drop of water in the gearbox, there had been a small amount in the motor but was dry when I had it apart. Its a great winch very happy with it! Cheers Glenn

nathand22
18-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Found this guide:

Synthetic Ropes Versus Steel Cables For Your 4WD Winch

Before the advent of great synthetic rope technology like Dyneema rope , a lot of winch rope were in fact steel cables, which were the best option when the choice was either steel cables or natural fibre ropes. Depending on what you are doing with your 4WD, some people still prefer steel cables, though before you decide what will suit your needs best it’s a good idea to think about the pros and cons. The following are some of the main points to consider when choosing between synthetic ropes and steel cables.

Reasons To Use Synthetic

One of the great reasons to choose synthetic ropes is because they are extremely light and very strong, meaning you will be able to carry more weight on your winch than you would if it were steel cable. Unlike their natural fibre predecessors, synthetic ropes won’t rot and if you have to cut a synthetic rope it is easy to reseal the end by just melting it with a lighter. As far as maintenance goes, synthetic ropes win again as there is virtually no maintenance necessary, and synthetic ropes are easier to untangle than steel cables if you ever end up with your ropes in a twist.

Things To Be Wary Of When Using Synthetic

If you don’t own a good set of gloves, synthetic ropes can rip all of the skin off your hand if you aren’t careful, so you need to be really careful and wearing good gloves when relaying synthetic cable. Burrs also have a tendency to stick to synthetic ropes so again you need to be careful when relaying cable as the spikes from the burrs can sometimes go straight through a glove. Finally, synthetic ropes have no fire resistance to them, so they can and will burn, so be careful if using them in situations where this might become an issue.

Advantages Of Using Steel Cables

Despite the incredible advances in synthetic ropes, there are still some great reasons to use steel cables. For one they are almost half the price of synthetic ropes, so for a cheaper option that can still do the trick, steel cables are a good move. Steel cables are also great as far as abrasion resistance goes and when lowering a vehicle, some say steel cables have better shock resistant qualities.

Disadvantages To Using Steel Cables

Using steel cables can be quite a lot of work, as they need to be lubricated, cleaned and maintained regularly if you hope for them to last a decent length of time. The extra weight of steel cables is also a big factor as they add a lot of weight and bulk to your vehicle.

Both synthetic ropes and steel cables certainly have their time and their place to shine, though when all things are considered, you and your 4WD will likely be better off with synthetic ropes on your winch. Synthetic ropes allow you to keep your vehicle as light and manoeuvrable as possible while still having the ability to do some recovery work, so for your best all round performance, choose synthetic.

I've also read that steel cables are better for heat dissipation from the winch drum, especially winches that have the brake inside the drum.

While i agree with most of what has been said above the part about rope being more hazardous for you hands is a bit of a stretch......

I have seen plenty of steel cables that have frayed in more than one place, or just have the odd sneaky strand of wire poking out... you cant tell me that wont hurt if it sticks in your leg as you clamber up a steep slippery hill, or if it grabs your hand when re-spooling

personally i see it like this.....

Synthetic rope is lighter, so not only are you carting 9kg's less over the front end, but when you are climbing up a hill looking for a spot to winch from its much easier.

It doesnt retain any memory, so when you uncoil it it doesnt want to spool up in big ringlets on the ground.

Its easier to spool it back on the winch.

It doesnt give you wire splinters, or if one strand brakes youre not going to get that sticking in your hand or somewhere.

If it does brake you can just tie a not in it to get you out of the s#!t.

its pretty much maintenance free.

Its safer, when and if it does brake it isnt going to recoil and possibly hurt/damage someone or something.

Wire cable does have a few benefits.
eg...can handle heat, this is important as some winches brake and gearbox's generate allot of heat and can not run synthetic rope.

If you use it allot in sharp rocky terrain it will out last rope, obviously it will handle being dragged over rocks better then rope.

Cable is cheaper to replace.

For me the advantages of rope, well and truly out way the disadvantages.

scooba_285
18-03-2012, 09:46 AM
didnt u just post that exact same post in a different thread?

nathand22
18-03-2012, 09:53 AM
didnt u just post that exact same post in a different thread?

Yeah pretty much, after seeing your recommendation for others to use this thread as a guide, i thought i would have a read.
Thats when i realised that i didnt quite agree with all that was written.
Having used and owned both cable and rope i thought i would ad 2cents here as well.

Is that ok? or do you want me to delete it?

scooba_285
18-03-2012, 11:17 AM
lol, thought i was having da-jar-vu

Pix
19-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Do the tigerz have the adjustable clutch case? Need it so lever isn't in the radiator fan or intercooler...

Geoff3DMN
19-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Do the tigerz have the adjustable clutch case? Need it so lever isn't in the radiator fan or intercooler...

Before I was aware of the wholesale Tigerz11 web site I asked a local 4x4 shop that exact question and they said that they normally had to remove the end (12 bolts? something like that) then rotate it so that the lever was easily accessible.

That comment was in relation to the earlier Hercules winch (which is what I've got) not the later Grande winch.

nathand22
19-03-2012, 04:31 AM

yes they do.

I think there is a thread that was posted only the other day where someone had just fitted one, and it that post they said how they had to align the clutch.

ben85
19-03-2012, 09:47 AM
ive got a rough idea on how to rotate the gearbox, does anyone know how to rotate the motor 90degrees so the terminals are facing upwards?

Widge87
19-03-2012, 10:19 AM
After having mine apart on the weekend, I think it might be possible. There is 3 parts to the motor, the square plate that the cross bars bolt to, the round motor housing with the terminals and the round end plate. There are 2 long cap head bolts that bolt all 3 parts together, the 2 bolts pass between the gaps in the 4 stator magnets, that are attached to the inside of round motor housing. So Im thinking that you should be able to past the bolts through the different gaps to get the terminal position you are after. As I said at the start "I think" haha hope this helps. Glenn

Jason
19-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Email Tigerz11 and ask them?

loco12
19-03-2012, 10:36 PM
i wouldnt worry about rotating the motor too much, but if you go to the tigerz11 website there is a link to a video on how to rotate the gearbox.

dfgeorge
19-03-2012, 11:51 PM
rotating the gearbox (on the hercules at least) is straight forward (watch the video). It has 10 equal positions, so cant do exactly 90deg, but close enough.

Pix
23-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Waiting for payday then I'll have to order one of these bad boys I think. Hope it fits with the intercooler in there....

scooba_285
23-03-2012, 10:20 AM
so i fitted my hercules winch today but have hit a snag with mounting the control box, cant put it on the back of the winch as intended with the brackets on the control box, what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

ben85
23-03-2012, 11:20 AM
so i fitted my hercules winch today but have hit a snag with mounting the control box, cant put it on the back of the winch as intended with the brackets on the control box, what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

doesnt fit aye? thought that might be the case.

ben85
23-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Waiting for payday then I'll have to order one of these bad boys I think. Hope it fits with the intercooler in there....

what intercooler have u got?

Geoff3DMN
23-03-2012, 11:48 AM
what have you guys done to get around this? dont really want to extend the cables but i will if i have to i guess

My control box is mounted to the top of the flat middle section of my bull bar between my driving lights *shrug*.

I don't do much deep water and if I have to then I can always drag out the water bra.

scooba_285
23-03-2012, 12:58 PM
yeah im not real keen on havin it on the outside of the bullbar but might be the way to go???

scooba_285
23-03-2012, 01:00 PM
doesnt fit aye? thought that might be the case.

yeah it hits the centre support bracket in front of the aircon condenser, no hope of it fitting in there

ben85
24-03-2012, 12:30 AM
yeah im not real keen on havin it on the outside of the bullbar but might be the way to go???

cant be that bad can it?

at least its easy to get to when connecting the remote.

nathand22
24-03-2012, 12:48 AM

I have mine there, and so far no probs at all even after deep mud holes, water crossings with water as high as the bonnet.
Its easy to get too and most bullbars have the holes ready for the angled bracket to bolt straight on.

Edit: If you are concerned about someone tampering with it you can run a on/off switch either in the cab or under the bonnet.
I think Thats what Old Tony has done, but not 100% on that.

Jason
24-03-2012, 01:48 AM
That's where mine is, only just fit between the lights without touching them.

My Grande came with an isolator built into the cable near the positive battery terminal.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu28/multislayer/Winch%20Install/IMG_6595Medium.jpg

Pix
24-03-2012, 05:22 AM
what intercooler have u got?

Hey mate, I've got a Northside 4x4 from mount. There are pics in the engine section. I hope a winch fits now.

scooba_285
24-03-2012, 06:42 AM
got it sorted today, put it behind the winch sort of, moved the horn and cut the centre lower mount off the grill and took that mount off the centre support bracket too

ben85
24-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Hey mate, I've got a Northside 4x4 from mount. There are pics in the engine section. I hope a winch fits now.

ah yea, i think you should be right. pretty sure dave has a similar type intercooler and a winch.

ben85
24-03-2012, 08:26 AM
got it sorted today, put it behind the winch sort of, moved the horn and cut the centre lower mount off the grill and took that mount off the centre support bracket too

you got any pics?

scooba_285
24-03-2012, 10:50 AM
you got any pics?

i will take some tomorrow and put them up, not the greatest work ive done lol but itll do me, seems to work good, hooked it up to the patrol at home and winched the nav up a decent hill and all good

ben85
02-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Fitted my 12000lb hercules up to my new nissan winch bar over the wkend.

Mounted the control box in front of the grill, 2 of the cables running to the winch motor are too bloody short by a few inches, bloody annoying.

Rotated the Gearbox, easy. Had a look at rotating the motor, ended up pulling the whole motor apart then putting it back togeather. Left it in the same position as it was in. Where the 2 long bolts are that hold the motor to the housing there are recessed bits where you should be able to relocate the bolts to turn the motor 90degrees but they arent drilled out. They could be drilled out to enable rotating but I though bugger it and just put it back togeather.

Im starting to think now that I should have done it, the cables may have just reached if the motor was rotated.

Ill probably just go and get some new cables, will save removing the winch from the bar and pulling the winch apart again.

I also drilled a few new holes in the bar and the mount brackets to suit the body lift i did a while back. But I'm yet to fit up to the truck, bars bloody heavy, might sling it up to the front end loader to lift it up while i bolt it on.

I reckon the mounting brackets look a bit flimsy for a winch to be pulling from, the standard alloy bars brackets are a lot bigger and thicker. Maybe it is adequate but I would have designed it stronger. And they are only held on by 4x m10 bolts and 2x m12 bolts, I dont think its that much considering the weight of the bar and the force when winching.

Pix
02-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Photos when it's done? Particularly behind the grill if you could pretty please? Still concerned about room with I/c there

ben85
08-04-2012, 03:29 AM
After a bit of mucking around, I got the bar and winch fully fitted.
Had to lift the bar suit the bodylift, make some mods to the control box brackets to fit the nissan bracket, extend a couple of power cables for the winch and also stripped a captive nut, ended up drilling out and retapping to m12x 1.25 thread.

Pix, theres not much chance of fitting an xr6 intercooler in there with the winch. Anyone want an xr6 intercooler?
Theres a pic of behind the grill.
Pic of the bar is in my bodylift thread.

I'll be leaving the IC idea for the time being, but i think one of the 280x300mm core IC on ebay should fit in there pretty nicely, the same way as the aseturbo ICs but the outlets are slightly differently positioned.

Pix
19-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Sweet as, cheers Ben for that

hosery
24-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Just thought id add this for anyone wondering how water proof there tigerz winch is. Mine was left submerged under water over night. (Dont ask how or why, long story :banghead::banghead:) But i just pulled mine apart to see how much water was in it. And to my suprise there was actually not that much considering. Id say a few tablesoons at most. But definetly not waterproof as they say. And was good to see a fair amount of greese inside it also.