Brissy to Perth Truckie Style

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

I don't often find anything interesting connected to 4WD action but this story caught my eye, there is some great pics and a great tale of two blokes drive across the paddock.

And for all those D40 drivers crying poor when it comes to fuel consumption have a little heart for these guys who get wonderful figures like this.

019-4.jpg

Cost me a little less than this to cross the Nullarbor :rofl2:

This week we traveled a total of 9558 ks in 6days
we used 6247lts of fuel For a cost of $9515.00
We drove for 134hrs at an average of 71.1kph

Things have a tendency to move a bit on the highway....fruit anyone!
001-6.jpg

Link to 4wdaction thread.
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=126531

In the trip thread the guy suggests at one point that they do a max of 90 for the whole trip, that's obviously not the speed all trucks do the paddock crossing but there are a number of larger companies out there who have worked out that lower RPM over such a great distance saves a lot more fuel and dollars while costing very little extra in time.

there are a number of larger companies out there who have worked out that lower RPM over such a great distance saves a lot more fuel and dollars

thats a given......

why it takes so long to process these things is beyond me...
tho bad managment at the top comes to mind.

Yet but there is and always will be the mindset that says the quicker I get there the cheaper it will be. Companies that do massive kilometers quickly learn that any saving is a good saving and that the faster way to do things may not always be the best way. It's the companies that learn these sorts of lessons that are often the more respected and sort after companies to work with.

I've been following that thread - makes pretty interesting reading if you're interested. Some great pics with a bit of background story.

Yeah kind of makes me wish I took more pics on my trips, but then what would I do with 4 million pics that never get looked at.

thats cookies truck in brisbane, things had like 2-3 engines in it also has teak wooden floor and foxtel on the run.

interesting read.
I'll be starting a similar journey this week myself.
Except i'll be doing it by myself.
Road train load from bunbury (190 k's south of perth) to gladstone then reload and head up and over the top to darwin to unload one trailer then home via port headland, newman and perth.

Craig

Take some pics and do a bit of a write up Craig those sort of stories are always good to read.

Take some pics and do a bit of a write up Craig those sort of stories are always good to read.

not a problem mate as this is my first east west trip i'll be taking plenty off happy snaps.
I've done stacks of north west trips, worked onsite driving a semi water truck on an a exploration site in the pilbara and heaps of stuff in between.

I'll start a thread and update it as i go if you like.
Thanks for the interest.

Craig

Which ever way you want to do it would be great. You'll probably find many places where signal is at a premium and you might not want to upload pics but either way it should be a good read.

I've never gone across the top but over the years and in different vehicles and different trips I've done the coast roads from Clifton Beach QLD to Geraldton WA and no matter how far or for what purpose they are always interesting trips.

Latest posts

Back