EGT thermocouple before or after Turbo?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where is your EGT thermocouple?

• Before Turbo (exhaust manifold)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • After Turbo (Dump pipe/exhaust)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I don't have EGT monitoring.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Jason

Reaction score
So, if you have EGT monitoring setup, did you install before or after the Turbo?

I'm thinking I will install mine before.

I know the Variable/Standard Turbo question has come up a few times regarding the 2.5 CR model, I asked Garry @ Nizzbits if he knew the definate answer. He didn't, but he asked a Workshop Foreman in a Nissan Service Dept and apparently they are not variable. They are a standard turbo with a solenoid/switch that activates a waste gate. So not exactly the same as the 3.0 Nav, but also not the same as the Patrol with Variable Turbo.

Edit: This post is supposed to go after Tweak's below but the forum clock is playing up :p

mines after turbo simply due to its easier to install as dump pipe came with fitting allready welded in.
pre turbo is preferred, almost a must when dealing with variable turbo's.

havn't done any big loads yet do see what temps it gets to crawling up the hills.
cool down temps have been interesting. suprising how much heat the manifolds retain. hate to think how much heat the cat must hold and continue to heat the turbo after motor is switched off.

Back