Front wheel bearing change over question?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm off to cape York in July so getting the big drive line service done etc etc soon question is my truck has done 207000 and never had a drama with them I run 33 on 0 offset but should replace them to be safe for the trip found a thread about replacements for 180 from allied opinions/advice welcome?

Cheers boxy

I got trade prices from a few places, Nissan 670, bursons 175 and allied bearings were 165 bucks, these are all to suit Spain built trucks, there is no aftermarket available for the Thai builts, if there not noisy I wouldn't bother replacing them, they use a decent size bearing and are very well sealed so you won't have any contaminants in them

200K is getting up there for wheel bearings. May well be ok but I'm not familiar with Nav's.
The conciquences for doing a wheel bearing up the cape will make changing them out look like small change.

If you're going to replace them, get top quality NTN or Timken brand bearings, I reckon it's a good thing to do, especially with that many k's on the truck. You might just be surprised by what you find, if the old bearings look good when you dismantle your hubs soak them in petrol to dissolve the grease and spray them with a solvent like brake cleaner to get rid of the leftovers, repack the bearings if they're good and keep them as spares.

front wheel bearing on d40s are not serviceable. dont try to pull them apart. trust me it wont happen unless you use an angle grinder

front wheel bearing on d40s are not serviceable. dont try to pull them apart. trust me it wont happen unless you use an angle grinder

haha onlock ill remember that ill probably replace them i rang allied 155 each not bad, there nsk brand bearings cheers for your help also

This first pic shows the bare hub assembly, so you have the hub face and centre shaft where the drive shaft goes through

a12e3a13.jpg

This second shot shows the outer casing that keeps the bearings in place and sealed

fba69e14.jpg

As you can see the top of the centre shaft is rolled, I dunno how they do it but it prevents being able to remove the bearings

d986dfb0.jpg

Before I knew all of this I tried a 5t work press, then onto a 60t press with an oxy, lastly was the grinder

Latest posts

Back