Express post (except in Australia)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
I'm sick of when i order something from OS. I track it online the package never sits still in one location for more than a few hours. Even in the ealry hours of the morning it is moving from depots and flights.

As soon as it arrives in Australia all progress comes to an end. It takes 4 days for an item to get from Sydney airport to Perth delivey van. That is hardly express.

I would happily pay more for postage if the item would make it to my door faster. We seem to be the only country that doesn't process postage 24/7.

I don't expect to have my item deliverered to me at 1am on Sunday. But i would like to see it move from depot to depot and onto the odd flight after hours instead of just between the hours of 9-5.

Post tracking is bullshit anyway. I got a parcel the other day which stated it was delivered and at the local PO at 11am. 2PM I went in to collect it and it was still in the van with the driver. I even showed the girl behind the counter where tracking said it should be and that it had to be scanned out of the van and into the PO for tacking to report it as being there and they still couldn't explain it.

I think the problem is that we can see these things, before tracking we just accepted the fact that mail took time, now we watch it and actually expect it too arrive.

i agree that online tracking is not always accurate, especially on the delivery leg. But for a package to sit for almost 24 hours, because the company only do one delivery run a day. That is shit.

Instead of sending a giant truck with everything, do smaller runs more often.

The item i am waiting for at the moment arrived in depot at perth at 11:15am yesterday. But stayed there until 9am this morning because there is only one service to my area per day. I'm in a metro area.

Instead of improving profit by having 1 delivery. How about improving service and create some jobs by deliverying an item "express"

Know the feeling. Brought gear from O/S mainly the U.S. Little time to arrive into Australia and then sits in the mail sorting in Alexandria in Sydney for days on end. Since the dollar has been at parity or above there has been literaly a mountian of gear sitting there at any one time or so i ahve heard.
Anything that comes via Fedex is usualy delivered fast. In fact i have just been blown away at times with things i have ordered even from the the East coast of the US. only to be sitting on the doorstep a few days latter.

I'm not surprised your orders are being delayed. The PO staff are busy organising all the books I've ordered from Book Sepositry, they can't be expected to work for everyone :ha:

Customs shmustoms.

We ordered those Eonon headrests from Hong Kong and had them on the 3rd day after they were paid for.

It takes that long to send stuff over to Perth. I dunno what it is. There's no customs involved in it dropping it (which they HAVE to do if it has a big "FRAGILE" sticker on it to see if we're lying), shaking it, dropping it again, then because it says "DO NOT CRUSH" on it, they unload the truck, place our item in the middle of the floor then throw everything back in again and drive the forklift in over the top of all of it just to make sure, once again, that we weren't bullshitting about the labels.

Maybe someone can enlighten me more about why our delivery guys have to sit there and see if they can peel off the postage stamps so they can write down the sum total of their knowledge on the back with a 50mm paintbrush, then return the package to me because it doesn't have enough fuggin' stamps on it. GRRR!

Awesome. Black and blue. Should be someone's national flag. Or corporate flag. Might offer a pic to Australia Post and suggest they change their name to "Australia Lost". It's only one letter, after all.

i agree that online tracking is not always accurate, especially on the delivery leg. But for a package to sit for almost 24 hours, because the company only do one delivery run a day. That is shit.

I just had a interstate delivery through Fastway which finally arrived this afternoon, but spent yesterday sitting in their Wollongong depot from 7am. Well, that is what the online tracking said.

When I was bit more active selling and buying stuff for the business, it was interesting to see which Courier companies really could deliver very fast and which ones measured success by the amount of shite they kept at depots.

Your 4 day delay on OS stuff would be for custom scanning. AusPost is probably saving on staff as they know the alternative is Major rort/FedEx/etc who charge left nut & first born.

Just like my battery tray that took like 3 weeks to come from Victoria. Grr.

Geez Dave with that kind of waiting you could have come down here and I could have built one and sent you home quicker.

We didn't! Our TruEnergy bills kept going missing about 2 years ago, we got every other bill and letter addressed to us but not Tru Energy ones. Of course it was our fault not theirs but the problem was never resolved.

Back