D22 Rear Bar/Step - Wheel Carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that make a rear bar/step - wheel carrier for a D22 Navara? or how can you attach the spare wheel to the original bar has anyone got any suggestions or some photos how to attach it

None of the big three letter companies make one for the Nav at the moment. When I enquired earlier this year none of them seemed too interested either so don't hold your breath.

There are some pics on the forum of people who have made their own. Run a search and you should find a few pics. Good luck.

Look up my pics.I bought 1 off ebay that came off a courier ute and modified it to fit.There was another one on ebay not long ago so try that or ring Braden from XRO racing.He is doing the sliders for us.0437130251

Thread from the dead lol. has anyone fitted or have pics of a rear wheel carrier fitted to the standard chrome rear bar on d22.

Im trying to get away with using the standard bar rather than make a new steel one to save time money and weight. I was just wondering if anyone else had tackled this?
Cheers Dale

I wouldn't think the std chrome bar would be strong enough to support the weight of the spare. I decided making my own was the best option, here's some inspiration.

IMAG0062-1.jpg

mock up

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

complete

I'm sure you'd be able to modify a second hand kaymar to fit? That's how I'd go about it..

cheers tommy. i need spare time more than inspiration unfortunately :(
that bar you've built there looks tops, when i saw the first pic i thought :/ what the lol.
but it looks really good as a finished item. would not of thought something that basic could look so good. might have to re think my path and make some thing simple and functional like that

Mines one the process of getting welded properly as it includes a new towbar, very similar to Tommy's though. I'll post pics ASAP.

just wanna get the spare wheel out from underneath so i can get a decent water tank under there but by the time i hang a wheel and wheel mount of some sort im probably no better off compared to putting a water tank right under the back off the tray. i didn't want all the weight of 70+ ltrs of water hanging over the back but i guess a wheel is gonna soon add up to that anyway. o_0 hmmm

The standard rear chrome bar isn't much chop if you have to hang a wheel off it.
They're not that strong and would need some major work.
Much easier starting from scratch.

Cheers Hodge i had spotted those on flean bay but for that price id build one. Im a tight ass lol.
Tony i was having a look at your pics the other day and was wondering how you have attatchted the mesh to your bonnet scoop?

Cheers Hodge i had spotted those on flean bay but for that price id build one. Im a tight ass lol.
Tony i was having a look at your pics the other day and was wondering how you have attatchted the mesh to your bonnet scoop?

Take the scoop off and then sandwich it between the front and the push on clips that hold it in place.
It will be obvious when your looking at it.

Back