Uhf mounting?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, where have you mounted and what brand uhf have you guys installed. Photos would help. Stumped for ideas!!

My UHF CB antenna is mounted to the left antenna tab on the ARB commercial bull bar, the UHF radio is mounted with the longish U shape mounting bracket underneath the dash to the left of the steering wheel (it's one of the new mini size ones a DIN size one wouldn't fit where it is).

The Amateur radio antenna is mounted to the right antenna tab on the ARB commercial bull bar and the radio is mounted to the left side of the transmission tunnel as far forward as possible.

There are issues with both locations to be honest.

The UHF I can't read the display on when I'm driving (I suggest a radio with the display and controls in the handset for use in this position) but since I only use it on 1 channel when driving in a group it's not as bad as it might be.

The Amateur radio interferes somewhat with the leg room of the front seat passenger, again it's not a big radio so it's not a huge issue but a D22 doesn't have a huge amount of room in the cab.

Ideally I'd mount a DIN Plate and put the Amateur radio in the dash and replace the UHF with a remote display one... but to be honest they are already mounted and I have more important things I could be working on :)

Umm no pics sorry... it's a crazy storm here and rain is pouring down outside and I'm not going outside to take snapshots :)

Not in a D40 but i have a GME tx3100 in my d22 and its mounted like this

Attachments

• 20120315_175031.jpg
    20120315_175031.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 2,818
Hey, In my ST-X i have a uniden UH-012 mounted in the centre console. In my truck there is a Cig lighter socket in the console so power was easy to get. The hand piece cable runs out the gap in the front where the latch is, so the lid closes like normal. I think its a great spot for it. Cheers Glenn

DSC00705.JPG

Last edited:
this is my set up uniden uh400sx

Attachments

• IMG00337-20120315-1820.jpg
    IMG00337-20120315-1820.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,604
I've got my radio hidden away and only the remote handset out and visible. Channel select, volume, power all driven by the handset (GME 3540, I think it is).

The antenna is on the bullbar. Works for me! You can see the mount on the right side in this pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5239-resized.jpg
    IMG_5239-resized.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4,262
I'm thinking of getting a UHF too, but I was thinking I would wait until I get a bullbar to mount the arial.

Bullbar now is going to be a while off, as I think tyres, suspension and UHF are more usefull first. (2 young kids and a mortgage slows the spending down!)

So question is, if installing a UHF without a bullbar, where's the best spot for the arial? Can it be mounted on a bracket from the bonnet, on the opposite side to the radio arial?

Cheers guys..

On the bonnet is a good place for a aerial, It will give you better performance forward where as on the bullbar it it gives you better rear ward. The Very best place to put you aerial is dead centre of your roof as it give good performance in all directions. But who wants to drill a hole in the middle of your roof :D

On my STX 550 i've put it in the centre console thing same as widge did, and I did drill a hole through the roof so I could put the aerial up there, have it laying flat alongside the roof rack so it isn't too ugly (mini aerial).
In my King cab I had it in the middle below the stereo, perfect slot there for it (small uhf though) I think theres a pic in my garage

A pic would be good if you've got one there.

I've got a ST Manuel, the othe place I was thinking it could go was on the side of the centre console, up in front of the handbrake, in line roughly with the knee. It could go driver or passenger side. The console seems to be skinny enough to keep it away from your knee.

Has anyone done that or seen it?

This is my setup
GME TX4400 in 2010 STX mounted in console/dash compartment

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 792
Hi mate,

photo attached of the install in my king cab. I guess the dash etc is the same on an ST as they are both thai?

Mini uhf that can flip over, fit that hole like a finger in a bum, just put decent double sided tape on it.
Have an external speaker with it as the sound is terrible with those little units, works good now

Attachments

• DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 709
A pic would be good if you've got one there.

I've got a ST Manuel, the othe place I was thinking it could go was on the side of the centre console, up in front of the handbrake, in line roughly with the knee. It could go driver or passenger side. The console seems to be skinny enough to keep it away from your knee.

Has anyone done that or seen it?

i have mine mounted or shoved in there no holes or fixings sits nicely as long as you have a slim line uhf. the power was run from the cig lighter wires shoved up under the console
also a good spot for the scangauge
looking at that pic I'm going to have to give those seat covers a wash and try and remove some of that sand from last trip

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 551
I've got my radio hidden away and only the remote handset out and visible. Channel select, volume, power all driven by the handset (GME 3540, I think it is).

The antenna is on the bullbar. Works for me! You can see the mount on the right side in this pic.

attachment.php

Old Tony - where did you mount the UHF module?

I also have the GME3540 remote mic UHF but trying to find a spot under the dash that won't restrict the speaker is proving difficult...

Cheers Ligedy

I've got the GME TX3340 UHF, It's tucked under the centre console nicely and the handset sits just between the drivers seat and console. It's discrete, although the antenna on the passenger side of the alloy bar isn't but that doesn't bother me that much. I like the radio being out of the way and having all the controls on the handset is great.

I have a GME TX3540, its the model with the full control on the mic. the nice thing about it is that you can change the screen colour to match the Navara.

At the moment i have the unit sitting on a bracket just under the steering wheel behind the dash. the mic has an extension lead and runs behind the dash and comes out on of the blanks at the bottom of the center console. i have it stuck with double sided tape under the aircon vent. All you see is the mic it is nice and tidy.

one of the reasons i bought this model was as my Navara just clocked 1500Kms its brand new and im scared to cut into the dash. :) so i was happy to sacrifice a blank.

I have uniden uh015sx remote face mounted in overhead pocket and antenna on fold down bracket on custom roof bar. Bit of a height issue with carparks and stuff but I cope. Ill get some pics soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back