Replacing front rotors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted

Reaction score
Can anybody shed some light on how hard it is to remove the front rotors on a D22?

Also I broke a wheel stud off and need to replace it but the only way I can see to replace it is to remove the whole hub

Discs are a peice of piss to change mate. Undo your caliper from the stub axle leaving the brake line attached. There should be a phillips head screw on the dick holding it on. remove the screw and pull the disc off. You may have to perswade it a little bit with a knockometer. put the new disc on and put it back together. Make sure you give the new discs a good clean with some prepsol as they sometimes come with a coating on them and make sure you put new pads in it as well.

Ya sure? It looks like the discs are bolted to the rear of the hub and need the hub removed

Yeah, i've been looking into putting some slotted rotors on my truck, and have been looking at how the rotor comes off... Doesn't look pretty.

Also looking at new front calipers, cause when i changed my front disc's the other week, one of the pistons on the drivers side was pretty stiff. and new rear drums and a new spring kit as well, if I can source them all.

Boosted, if we can source some slotted rotors, let's do an install day, I've barely got any room to sneeze at my place.

Sounds good, the best price I have found is online for $130 a rotor, just gotta check at a few local spots.

After looking at the manual it doesn't look to hard to remove the whole hub, just need the right tools

$105? nice, what brand/sort are they? i might put my order in as well. doesn't look terribly hard to change out.

do oyu have a part number for the rotors?

hey, a small update, i picked up my slotted rotors during the week and fitted them up last night.

a massive PITA job, and one worth doing if you're gonna change your wheel bearings and brake pads (now i know this, it's something i'll do at the same time next time), as you do indeed need to remove the entire hub. the hub slides into rotors, so the whole lot needs to come off.

i had some trouble separating the hub from the rotor, but i got it eventually. the new slotted rotors are awesome, i could feel the difference straight away under the pedal.

Boosted said:
Mine turned up yesterday. Any specials tools needed to get them off?

Special tools? An electric impact wrench is invaluable, that's probably the most specialized tool I used. A brass/aluminum/rubber hammer is helpful - Everything to need to change your wheel bearings. Separating the hub/rotor is the hardest part, well it was for me.

Boosted said:
What were the part numbers on the boxes you got? I think they gave me the wrong ones

DBA 629S

They're a bi-directional slotted rotor, so they aren't specific as to which side they go on. Hope it works out for you.

Thats cool. They sent me the bi directional ones but i asked for the directional ones. Oh well im sure they will do the same job

Boosted said:
Thats cool. They sent me the bi directional ones but i asked for the directional ones. Oh well im sure they will do the same job

Yeah, I ordered the directional ones too, I'm pretty sure that DBA don't make them anymore. Oh well, they work pretty bloody well. Lemme know if you want a hand to install. at this stage I'm only available Wednesday night till after Easter.

Back