285s with a 2" body lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
So, Can someone please advise the following...

I am in need of new tyres in the next couple of weeks, i have a standard STX. Due to a lack of immediate funds, i can afford to do a 2" body lift, then get me some 285 75 16. I will be getting a 2" suspension lift as well and a front spacer to level it out, but not till after tax time. Problem is, i need new rubber on it now, and dont want to buy 265 75 16 if im going to end up with a total 4" lift later in the year. Would you say that i can fit them? or should i just try to make the current tyres last the next few months... I also wanted to keep the stock front bar, and dont mind doing a bit of "gentle persuasion". Bull bar and winch will eventually come, but wont be this year. I know you guys are a library of infinite wisdom, so fire away!

To answer your question quickly, i dont think you will be able to fit them with just a body lift and a standard bumper without chopping your fender/guard and chopping the bumper.

I dont mean to be rude, BUT You will learn heaps more by searching and reading then just being told.

Last edited:
Not to be a jerk, but i have searched for this before. I have found info on fitting them with 2" suspension lift, which clearly explaind by Sringo, will fit. My question was exclusively about the body lift.

Morticus im in the same boat as you.. have asked this question and heaps of people having a go at me for not searching.

i want 33' however i only have a 2inch lift and apparently wont fit unless you fit a bullbar to give more room at front and chop a bit at back..

go to your local 4x4 and ask thats the best way.. you also have to watch out so you dont make your car illegal as these new laws are s#*t

Not to be a jerk, but i have searched for this before. I have found info on fitting them with 2" suspension lift, which clearly explaind by Sringo, will fit. My question was exclusively about the body lift.

Dont get me wrong, i dont think your being a "jerk"..... i just think that if you read through what you can, you will be able to come to a conclusion on your own.

So if you have read Siringo"s thread you will know that they will fit IF you have a BULLBAR + 2"lift and you chop the guards on the bottom. there are other threads in the D40 section that states, with the standard bumper they cannot fit 265/75/16's, so that would tell me there is no way you will fit 285/75/16's to a car with a standard bumper.

So like i said originally you will have to do some surgery on both the bumper and guard to have any chance of making it work.

Last edited:
Mate it depends what uou wanna do. Ive got 33s on mine with 3 inch lift. I had to cut my guards. Ive since cut a whole lot to gain extra clearance for the tyres. If you get a 2 inch body, yea theyll probably fit but be useless of road due to flex.
Depends what floats your boat.

So reading on the 4wd action forum, they will fit with minor rubbing without a lift, but with a bar. Who would have thought? But yeah im thinking that 265 75 16 will suffice... Might wait till i own it outright to lift it 4" and put 33s on it. Pisses me off that the 285s can be found cheaper than the 265s though...Thanks for your help guys!

If anyone in Sydney wants to try some on the car I have a set sitting in my garage on a set of wheels, you're welcome to try them on.

I put them on mine with stock suspension and there is bugger all chance it would turn a corner, i'd be surprised if it was any different with a 2inch lift of any sort

I have 285/75 on my STX, I had them fitted when I had a 2" suspension lift and it was about a week before I had planed too install my body lift, on the drive home from sydney they didn't just scrub a little bit they scrubbed a F@(kin' lot, sounded like they were goin to tear the Nav apart. I don't recommend it. Do you suspension and body lift first

prob not with a body lift. suspension lift 2" + a 35mm spacer, guard massaging and a bit of a chop and it fits... fits on my car and doesnt scrub AT ALL after a few 4x4 trips.

Back