Tigerz Winch install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfgeorge

Reaction score
After reading the Tigerz11 winch thread on the D22 Forum I Just got the Hercules and fitted it in a standard bullbar yesterday. Couldnt justify spending more as its only likely to be used 1 or 2 times a year. Seemed like a real bargin at $359 for a known brand 12000lb winch delivered.

No real dramas except finding somewhere to mount the control box. I ended up cable tieing it to the end of the chassis / bull bar mount (photo) as I wanted it out of sight but im not happy with the location as it is a bit low and a bit exposed.

Anyone found a better place to mount a winch control box?

About the install:

Winch had to be fed in at the side (on end) as not enough space to just lift in, but not hard. Needed longer bolts, 1.5" at the bottom and 1.75" at the top (all 3/8 UNC).

Bolts that hold the ends to the cross bar were quite loose when it arrived, I tightend them up which stopped the free spooling from working :-(. I added some thin washers between the motor and the bars, works great now.

I twisted the gearbox so that the lever is just forward of top (photo), this seems about right.

All cables reach OK. Wont be able to move the control box far without having to extend the cables.

Have ordered a 500A welding cable joint connector from ebay so I can isolate the winch easily when not in use.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 278
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 261
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 264
I think you may want to move the control box, if your deep in a mud hole or have the bar wedged into a embankment it may be hard to get to, and also a little more prone to damage.
I have had my bar forced into the ground at the bottom of a few steep banks/hills and its amazing how much of bulldozer they can become, dirt and gravel can be found every where.

Totally agree, Just having trouble finding somewhere suitable. May end up under the hood (not that there is much space there) with controls in the cab / remote socket under hood.

You could try attaching it to the side of the open space between the grille and the radiator. Mine is located in almost the same position as yours except mine's on top of the chassis rail to protect it from impacts, sticks etc - although having waded in water that was just washing over the bonnet, I am a little concerned about the circuit and have been meaning to disassemble it and put some protection on the circuit and its components.

Latest posts

Back