The Committee Needs Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There are only 3 committee members at the moment - we do need at least one more - but none of us have a lot of time right now to get things organised for the upcoming muster. There's a very good chance that it will impact on the event!

We need help. We need someone to go and look at the properties that we've been considering and determine whether or not they're suitable.

We'll also need someone (preferably as part of their committee role) to collect material from sponsors and take it to the Muster. This isn't a paid gig - but by virtue of you giving us a hand (or being on the committee), your entry fee to the muster will be paid for by us.

Because we NEED to do this one in the Vic high country, we'd naturally prefer this person to be somewhere within 2-3 hours of Mansfield. The places we've been looking at are in that vicinity.

If anyone can help, or better still wants to help organise the show by being on the committee, please send me a private message.

You'll need to have Skype installed, as that's how we do our meetings (voice only).

I could probably get up there sometime in the future, not sure when, but you'll have to accept my efforts (whether you like them or not) as web designer only I definitely don't have time to be on the committee.

Your efforts there are greatly appreciated.

Speaking of which, we (as a committee) should get around to giving you some updates on the previous muster and the dates for the upcoming one.

If no one closer to the area can get up there let me know my old man knows the area really well and we might be able to organise time for a drive to see what's up there but it wont be for atleast 4 weeks which probably isn't great timing.

Also remember you will need to change the App form to represent current dates etc, I presume one of you still has a copy of last years app?

One of us will have it. I have the PDF but not the original. I have the rules document that people have to sign on arrival, and a bunch of other documents, but not the application in .DOC format.

Wouldn't take me more than 15 minutes to put it together again anyway. If we can't find it, I'll get it done.

If we can't get a committee member to go look at places then we'll give you a buzz. I'm not sure if I have your phone number around the place, it might be buried in the documentation about last year's muster. I'll look later, if I need it.

Tony I'm not in Melbourne (I'm in central victoria near Castlemaine) and I'm not exactly close to the High Country but it is only a bit over 3 hours to Mansfield from where I live so it's not like it's unmanageable. I'm not sure exactly how one goes about assessing the suitability of a site though? Maybe you could let me know what you're looking for (happy to take photos and notes and send them through for you to assess though)

I am pretty tied down with work most weeks (hard to get away when it's your own business) but it's only a couple of weeks until the school holiday break (and they are our quiet periods) so I could arrange time away to check out the proposed sites during the next school holiday break.

Happy to be a committee member if you think you need someone else to help (or happy to do site inspections and running around if you don't need another) it can't be easy trying to sort this stuff out from Newcastle and I'd hate to see the muster suffer (I enjoyed the last one too much for that!).

I can probably run around and pick up the sponsorship material before the muster but I doubt I'd have space to get it in the ute to take it to the muster on the muster weekend as I haven't got a canopy yet and the camping gear pretty much fills the entire tub under the cover.

We are thinking about a camper trailer so if that arrives before then I'd have space (not 100% on that yet though).

Let me know if you don't get any better offers ;-)

Much appreciated, Geoff.

The basic idea is we need a camp area about the size of the previous muster - if we can get our hands on something like the area that we took up in total (from Matt, Brad and yourself up to Scotty and across to where Gus was) then we'll be fine. There's no need for the committee to be so far from everyone else like we were, but we were trying to put ourselves out in front so people coming in could see us.

We also have to think about things like water, toilets, showers, cover from the rain - we had the woolshed @ Ados, and while the showers weren't the greatest they were still better than nothing. Being able to pitch tents is important, as is having enough room to provide a campfire (and personal cooking fires) etc etc.

We'll see how we go!

No worries Tony, that seems doable. If you can at your convenience give me addresses, locations or directions to your list of possible camp sites I can go and check them out, do some rough measurements and take some photos.

Then I can email the photos/descriptions through to you and you should be able to asses which (if any) would work best.

tony
i will be going to vic (scottys) in the 1st or 2nd week of april,ile be there for a day or 2
(wanna come, i could use a 2nd driver?)
if theres anything i can do to assist let me know
cheers
sparra

The first weekend of April is out - that's Easter and we'll be in Wellington. Not sure what's cooking on the following weekend until we get closer.

Geoff that's great mate, we'll see if anyone else comes up closer and if not, I'll give you a call.

Two of the places under consideration are in close proximity to Howqua Hills, you can see it in this map with Mansfield to the northwest.

Please let me know if the shortage of Committee members is not solved, I may be able to assist from near Warwick, QLD with formatting of flyers/posters, but i do not have voice Skype, only text.
Cheers,

I would like to announce that Geoff3DMN has accepted the role of Vice Chair of the committee.

Progress is being made on the next muster and some sites will be inspected within the next couple of weeks. We'll keep you posted!

The committee would like to thank everyone who offered to lend a hand - it's appreciated!

That's good news Tony
We need to all get behind the comitee and help however we can, the guys made a great effort getting last years muster up and running doing heaps of stuff behind the scene, they really need to be congratulated for there efforts cause without them there's no muster

I'm in Melbourne and can head up (and do anyway every 4 weeks or so on weekends) into the High Country. Sounds like you might have someone sorted to check out spots - but if you need a second opinion I'm happy to put my hand up.
Also happy to pick up sponsor stuff as required. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Cheers

G, day folks,

If I wasn’t so crook! I would certainly volunteer my time to the committee, at present I am unreliable due to the many medical procedures that I require this year.

However, if all goes well, I should be ok for next year (2013) should you still require further assistance.

Regards,

RLI
:rock::adminpower:

Cheers to everyone who offered some support. We're getting sorted now and more info to come out over the next few months

Well donr guys. As you probably know I haven't been on much and have only just seen this thread. I would love to help but with no brief at the moment and all the legal shit I have going on with the ex and insurance companies I would be to unreliable. Looking forward to the Muster though.

So far nothing officially official but Woody and Geoff have visited a coupl of sites and we're waiting for a response on whether or not we can actually use it.

Hopefully it'll be plain sailing very soon!

Latest posts

Back