Window Tinting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Summer is coming up, I might "modify" my str. I think I'll start with tinting. Anything I should be aware off ? Is there a difference between the brands ? Can i go for maximum tint because my str is registered under business name ? Do they offer 100% uv protection ? (I have a 6 year, not for me!)
So many questions, any answers suggestions appreciated.

I have one shade darker than legal in my 2wd ute, and its a pain in the arse at night, bloody hard to see out of. I reckon darkest legal is fine (T35?)

I got my last 2 done at Tint Mart at stafford Qld. they did a great job at a good price.

yeah i can't see shit out the rear at night with my factory tinted canopy..thankgod i didn't tint rear cab window also.

I have the darkest legal on mine, very happy with it. These days don't go to anyone that won't offer lifetime warranty (while you own the car), there's plenty of them around.

Tint is almost a necessity in QLD. Starting to warm up now.

I''ve got darkest legal on my D40 and it is great, if you have a canopy with tinted rear window I would definatly NOT get the rear of the car done as well, it is way too dark.

On UV, your normal car windows block out UV light anyway.

I'm a experienced tinter and IMO stick with the likes of Midnight express from tint a car they are a dark looking tint but still legeal. If you want your tint to look dark get some black seat covers and dash mat as the darker the inside of your car the darker your tint will look. A good tint will stop 99% of harmful UV as opposed to glass which will stop some but not all, also with warranty when we were fitting "dealer tint" which had a life time warranty it was crap my Astra which I owned for 8 years had the rear screen redone 3 times, where as now I have Forumula 1 on my mazda6 and it looks just as good as when I done it 4 years ago. and it is a 25 year warranty. On the ileageal film 2 points to note, your car is unroadworthy there for your insurance can be void and in QLD I thimk it is a 3point fine plus $$ and have the tint removed

Mick

Go for a full metal film which should not fade over time

"(i) Full Metal films are colourfast and will not fade (no dye added)
(ii) Metallised films are not colourfast and fade slowly over a number of years (Small amount of dye is added to achieve greater colour depth)
(iii) Dyed films are not colourfast and fade quickly."

Hmmm, interesting, full metal and so as long as i get 20 years + warranty I should be ok. Anyone recommend anyone in sydney ?
I'll be in queensland in october, I might do tinting in the sunshine state :)

On my d22 I've had 35% on driver and passanger windows, 20% on all rear windows. You can have darker on the rear windows cos its a commercial car.(in WA anyway). I put a factory tinted canopy on the back too. It can be hard to see out the back at night but once you check out your surroundings and your side mirrors enough its all good.

Have had my last 3 cars tinted so thought about doing this one my self to save cash but it is well worth just getting someone else to do it for you, I paid $300 for 5 windows to be done, you get a guarantee so its well worth it.

Hi Guys,

I have darkest legal factory tint on my new Nav and I reckon it's plenty dark enough, looks great too! Very happy with the result.

My last nav had darker than legal on the drivers windows and when it got pitted to get WA rego (came from east), I had to rip it off for rego on the spot and have it re-tinted at legal only. The pro's wouldn't offer warrant on anything illegal.

Hope this helps,

DJ

I went for legal tint. More than happy with the result. I have trouble seeing at night as it is, so this is as good as it gets for me. Now I'll test out how affective it is, I am going for a long drive to Hervey Bay, spend a week up there.

i wasnt thinking when i got my kingcab done and got 5% all round, awesome during the day but at night you cannot see a thing. I am Gonna get the drivers and passenger side windows changed i think.

i wasnt thinking when i got my kingcab done and got 5% all round, awesome during the day but at night you cannot see a thing. I am Gonna get the drivers and passenger side windows changed i think.

lol, ya, I've had limo tint on my previous cars, 5% as well. looks hell good but would not like to have a smash with it as mr insurance would be laughing all the way.

i had dad tick the box for the optional nissan window tint when buying the ute.

any one got any idea as to what % the tint would be? 35?

not sure mate, should ring them to find out before they get done, would be hell cheaper to get someone else to do it.its your choice though mate!

I got mine done at tint a car in Rosebery, about $270 if i remember right, midnight express which is darkest legal aparently, got back and rear king cab windows a shade darker again & I love it, well worth it.

Latest posts

Back