Standard tyre choice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a decent tyre that is the standard 255/70R16. Want to put on an aggressive a/t tyre but I can't find anybody who makes one. I want to keep the standard tyre size cause I own ST 2.5T auto and don't want loose any down low power or make the fuel economy any worse. What is everybody else running??

go 265/70/16!!!

1) legal for insurance purposes.
2) Bigger Looks better
3) More range of tires
4) Fuel economy and power unnoticeable
5) fixes speedo

that is all!

I intend to get the tyre place to order mine in just before I need 'em. I've got BFG 265/70R16 AT tyres on now and in about 30-40,000km I'll go back to 255/70R16 ATs.

I will soon have the bridgestone 697lt in a 265/70/16 put on my car. They have a real deep tread pattern and seem aggressive. I guess long term will be the test. Maybe check these out. Not sure on three choices for tire sizeable though as they are a new release.

When I went up (an increase of 2% in diameter) I noticed a slight loss of power and a slight rise in fuel consumption. Makes sense - it's a slightly larger lever to turn over. I've only gained 7mm under the diff - it doesn't make that much of an improvement and I don't do rough stuff much at all, so the better economy and power are more appealing.

When I went up (an increase of 2% in diameter) I noticed a slight loss of power and a slight rise in fuel consumption. Makes sense - it's a slightly larger lever to turn over. I've only gained 7mm under the diff - it doesn't make that much of an improvement and I don't do rough stuff much at all, so the better economy and power are more appealing.

ahh ok makes sense.

But is it worth the higher prices and narrower choice (less common size, means less demand & higher prices)?

But is it worth the higher prices and narrower choice (less common size, means less demand & higher prices)?

I'll see when I place the order. I paid $359 per corner for the 265/70R16s on it now. I'm using about half a litre per hundred km more, or over (let's say) 80,000km that's about 400 litres of extra fuel = $600. So if I'm going to pay over $2000 for the new shoes I'll baulk at it, otherwise bring 'em on.

Latest posts

Back