leaf spring install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
Im thinking of install some leaf springs myself into my d40, I'm wondering how hard this is, or is it worth taking it to a suspension shop, I installed the suspension on the front of my d40 fine I'm just concerned about the rear

if you can do the front end the rear will be easy as for you, this is how i did my d22.
jack up one side of the car well more than needed to allow for the lifted spring (if you got a lifted one), take wheel off, place another jack under the axle at the end so it doesn't plonk to the ground and also adjust it up and down, undo and remove the u-bolts, lower axle down a bit for clearance of the spring, undo pin and remove, undo shackles and remove, remove old spring and presto

put new spring in and install the pin, swing the rear up and do the shackle up, adjust axle with jack to where it has to go, install u-bolts and put the wheel back on and start on the other side

just make sure u put the springs on the correct side as there's a drivers side spring and a near side spring

I'm looking at replacing my rear leaf springs as they have sagged too:(

Wondering do I need to buy all replacement bushes for the new leafs or can I re use ones on car?? What is Reccomended?

You're better off getting new ones. I don't see the point of changing the springs and then having to pull them off again in the near future to replace the bushes cause they're buggered....... As well as that, if they're the originals they will probably be buggered already....

Definitely do bushes. They are cheap and easier to do at same time. Also may need new bushes for front on leaves anyway as I know on the d22 the stock ones were not removable.

Also while doing it consider going greasable shackles and pins.

Back