265/75/r16 on 16x8" sunraysias

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubmiester

Reaction score
(first of all i have a 2003 DX d22 with 2 inch suspension)
Hey, as the title suggests, I've bought 265/75/r16 tyres and put them on black 16x8" sunnies with a 0 offset.
Reading around the forum, people say that you could fit these tyres on a d22 with a 2 inch lift, but today i got beaurepaire's to put the tyres on the rims, balance the tyres etc, and they gave me a call saying they whacked one of the tyres on the front, and they couldn't even perform a full lock without hitting the inner guards. Disappointed as i was, naturally, i got them to just whack the rims on the new tyres and leave my old tyres on for now.
I get home, and out of curiousity, i did a full lock *so the back of the front right tyre was facing into the car* and theres like a 3-4 cm gap between the guard and the tyre, and that's with stock 30's. So basically there was no chance of fitting a 32 inch tyre, and i imagine be even worse if it was under some sort of compression when 4wding.
Basically, i guess i was wondering how do you guys remedy this? 2 inch body lift perhaps but i still cant see that completely solving the problem? and the plastic guards are right on top of the steel body, so im assuming you cant cut into the steel body due to legalities? or you can? not too sure on this point.
Also, i don't suppose the STR's dont get this problem for some reason? As far as i know it should all be exactly the same body etc?

*sorry for heaps of questions, and all i seem 2 do on this forum is ask simple questions, but not 2 sure what 2 do here"

Hey man,
I went a +13 rim instead of a 0 because your navara is a +40, and it still hit on the mudflap on full lock, so I ripped the front mud flaps off and it misses everything now, only just. I drove around fine with the 265/75 on the standard rims. pull your flaps off and see how you go and get a good wheel alignment. I dunno how these guys fit 33's on!!

hey guys i have 33s in mine with no trouble, but i do have 2inch bod an spring lift,have removed the front mud flap an massaged the front of the sill with a hamer. an this is on stock gu patrol rims (not sure what the offset is), joshy on this forum has 35s on his so it is possible but u do need to mod a few things:)

Yeah if you wanna go any bigger than the 265/75 you def have to do a body lift or something, and go a wider offset. I think Im goin to use the "hammer" modification as well!

Cheers guys, problem with the offset is that if i wanted 16x8 black sunnies, which i do, they only come in the 0 offset i believe.
And i was reading around on the forum and people were saying if this size rim is too much + offset then it might have trouble fitting because of the calipers? And too - and it would poke out too much, i heard 0 offset was good so yeah i stuck with that.
I think i'm going to have a play around when i get the time and see how much 'massaging' i will have to do, take the mud flaps off etc, worse comes to worse looks like body kit is the way to go, last resort for myself but.
Appreciate the help :>

hey mate i got 285/75/r16 on standard rims wid a 2inc suspension lift all ive done is take the the mud flaps off and hamered the body flat behind it then put bak on the flaps heat them up wid heat gun and push bak wid few extra screws doesnt take long at all and mine dont scrub at all now

cheers for reply dunkmuddie
So with your standard rims, they would be a positive 40 offset hey? So i think in that respect your tyres would fit alot better than mine would at a 0 offset. i think? Anyway i think some hammering is in order sounds like the golden ticket here.

cheers for reply dunkmuddie
So with your standard rims, they would be a positive 40 offset hey? So i think in that respect your tyres would fit alot better than mine would at a 0 offset. i think? Anyway i think some hammering is in order sounds like the golden ticket here.

yeah i think thats the standard positive 40 not sure but
yeah bit of hammering the way to go a had to 265/70/r16 on b4 this and they scrubed out b4 the work 2

I have stocko d22 and just this weekend gone I fit my mates 265's on standard STR rims on mine since his is outa action and they were getting a nice flat spot I had no drama's touched the flaps and also the inner guard (JUST) but didnt stop me from full locking and i gave it a good beating 4wd'n no issues what so ever. Maybe the tyre place was hinting you should buy some suspension from em'

Yeah they do that to sell their own crap! If you bash that inside back abit i dont think you will have any probs even with your 16x8's on a 0 offset. Let us know how you go!

Alright, bit of progress
Put on the 32 today, checked out where abouts it needed some attending to,
I pulled back the plastic guards and yeah managed to get the steel back about 1.5-2cm, cut some of the plastic guard where necessary, also the flap, and put it all back together, so it looks 99% legit, and i can now full lock the 32 without it hitting, but at its worst its about.. 0.5cm-1cm from hitting the plastic guard. So that's all good if i drive on flat roads constantly.. which i dont :D
So this will still be a problem yes when i go 4wding? I think i'm going to have to get a body lift as well? Because there is no way i can get the steel back anymore than i have.

What better excuse to get a body lift!! keep us posted on that as well! obviously you dont have a wife that bitches every time "how am i suppose to get in here with a pencil skirt!!?", shut up woman!! :big_smile: :big_smile:

haha yeah i am wife-free at the moment... all the boys at work have offered to throw in their expertise and help out with the body lift, so looks like thats the go ahead.. i wont be happy with the height of my car until i need a step ladder just to get inside.
ahhh yes, a nice high ride with big tyres is the perfect way to make up for all my short-comings as a man :p hah will keep you all posted anyhoo.

Hey a body lift will be nice, but I don't think you're going to have a problem with the tyres hitting the guard offroad. Don't forget the wheel is round (not making fun :no:) when it trvels up or down the widest part of your tyre is moving away from ground zero (I'm hoping anyhow). I just spent ten minutes with a tape measure testing my theory because I want to put light truck tyres on mine of my choice. I want very much for this to be right because I can't do a body lift on mine for another three years at least!!

Latest posts

Back