Cleaning Engine Bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraPhill

Reaction score
I need to clean my engine bay/Engine and was wondering before i start blasting away with a high pressure washer is there anything i should be careful with or need to cover up with plastic ? Anyone had any probs doing this?

i got water into my alarm siren, just with hose pressure. thing went off for an hour!

I have washed the d40 engine bay a few times now and have had no dramas.

Just take a look at all the items in the engine bay and take note of electrical boxes, engine computer etc and try to avoid these. The airbox wont be completely water tight either depending on how rough you get with the water blaster.

Best to go over everything afterwards with CRC and wipe of excess. Engine bay comes up like new and the crc drives out water etc and protects. Love the stuff.

Avoid spraying any chemicals on the drive belt though.

when i wash my engine bay, i covered everything in degresser.
and then hose the whole lot,

and normally go for a bit of a drive like 10 mins later just to get some heat in the engine bay to help everything dry out.

Thanks for the tips, i covered the electricals and sprayed crc and then wiped it all down.
It looks good, Brand new again.
Cheers
Navara Phill

CRC rocks man. Spray ya chassis and all underneath plastics etc and it looks like new again. Helps stop shit sticking to it also and protects.
doesn't leave a sticky residue either for sand to stick to.

I reckon it is great.

Glad ya engine bay cleanup worked out.

Latest posts

Back