Bolt for captive nuts under air filter D22 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size and thread separation of the two captive nut on the wheel guard(?) under the air cleaner.

I need to mount a plate to mount a battery isolator and want to use these two captive nuts.

Thanks, saying M8 twigged the deeper rececess of the brain and a found my stock of metric bolts in packets and was able to try a few. Turned out to be M6. So I'm sorted in that area. Just have to spend the day bum up and head down mounting the isolator. Hopefully the split tube will arrive tomorrow so I can get started.

Now all I need to find is a REAL bolt shop.
The local hardware's versions of M12 for mounting the angle for the towing/recovery hook isn't what was needed. As near as I can figure the bolts they sell are 12x1.5 and the bolts with the Repco recovery hooks are 12xM1.0.

Is that close enough for you, In ballarat we have ballarat bolts and fasteners, It has everything we need, bolts, washers and nuts, be it 1 or 100 or 1000

Just check with the recovery points that the thread isn't unf! I know mine on my hilux were unf, don't remember off hand what size though.

Sure they aren't a M12x1.25 thread, i would think it is more likely.

It is quite possible. My eyes are rather bad atm and it was getting on a bit. just a bit hard to hold the bolt, vernier calipers and magnifying glass to get a really accurate reading.

The problem is that the threads seem wrong and all four captive bolts bind within one turn, just like badly wrong threads. It would be an easy matter to just whack a long bar onto the socket head, but that might just cause problems.

Unfortunately I do not have a M12 thread tapper just to give them a clean out and see if that is the problem. I think someone on the recovery bolt thread mentioned they needed to do that.

It is on the list of things to chase up right after I drop in my list of steel to Metaland. Just trying to work out if I'm actualy going to be able to stroll into one of the local bolt & nut shops I just found in the yellow pages and get the M12x1.25 bolts and tap to match.

Just check with the recovery points that the thread isn't unf! I know mine on my hilux were unf, don't remember off hand what size though.

Do you mean the bolts that came with the recovery points?.

As to the captive nuts mounted under the Nav for the recovery point, I'm going on the sizes given n the thread on recovery points.

Latest posts

Back