Help needed with coil spring spacer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CozaB

Reaction score
I've got ironman 2" coils in the front of my d40, and I'm currently trying to fit 35mm spacers on top but they will not physically fit. I've bolted them to the strut and put the strut in place, but I cannot get the strut to sit straight enough to get it back in at the bottom, or if I bolt the bottom in first then jack it up off the lower wishbone the strut bolts won't line up with the holes and it gets jammed. WTF is going on?

Attachments

• image-2243405655.jpg
    image-2243405655.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 210
Thinking I'm gonna have to put a 20-25mm spacer in instead, and hopefully that'll bolt up.

Im pretty sure you need to compress the coil springs with spring compresses..... then fit in the right location before you take the spring compresses off

I dropped the top ball joint put the strut in top first then bottom. Then jacked the LCA up and rattled the ball joint nut back on. Yep its to high, yep it hits on UCA when suspension drops but it sits nearly level.

Did you fix it m8 I Gota do it next week I have a dobinsons 2" but only got 1" in the front, but 3" in the rear,so I'm putting a 2" spacer in hoping I don't get the same problem. also fazza do u get any other issues with the suspension being to high at the front?

Fitting 35mm strut spacer on top of ironman coils will cause the UCA to constantly smack the coil bucket.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back