Spare wheel carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
Hello all,

So here's my idea! A spare wheel carrier that bolts on using the tow bar!! I will start fabricating over the weekend and post up pictures.

Cheers

why am i not surprised your doing something too your nav again lol, u mean kind of like a bike carrier design that slides in the towbar?

Haha my car is what keeps me sane so I like to keep her happy!! Exactly like a bike carrier, just with the wheel and hi lift jack on the back

kool, i was thinking ages ago of making something like a bike carrier to hang pigs and goats (and whatever else i shoot) from

This sounds good. I'm planning on goin to cape and was wondering how I was gonna carry another spare wheel with out forkin out over 1500 bucks for a rear step. Good idea!

so heres what i did.

turned tow bar upside down.

cut a 75mm tube of steel at 800mm.

welded it to the towbar.

welded on a top plate.

powder coated everything.

welded on some allthread to hold on the wheel.

DONE!!

ill post some pics over the weekend

so heres what i did.

turned tow bar upside down.

cut a 75mm tube of steel at 800mm.

welded it to the towbar.

welded on a top plate.

powder coated everything.

welded on some allthread to hold on the wheel.

DONE!!

ill post some pics over the weekend

So now you have 2toebar hitches???

The finished product.
IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Nice and easy design. But seems like it could become a hassle. But useful if you debt née to get in the tray from the rear a lot.
I think something that clamps onto the tow bar horizontal piece with like u bolts, and was still able to swing out. Wouldnt be hard at all..

Recommendation. You need to weld some cross bars for the wheel to press up against, otherwise its going to shake,flex and fatigue break the All-thread.

Consider changing the all thread to High Tensile aswell.

Cheers for the feedback guys.

It's only going to be used for camping trips so all I wanted was just something simple!!!

All I want to do now is weld 2 holders for a jerry can and water

I guess If that's all you wanted it's perfect.
If I had a welder I'd attempt
Something.
Maybe some motivation too cause I'm a lazy fuck

Latest posts

Back