what brand of 2"lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonno_d40

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm going to darwin and need to lift my car. i only want to do 2" lift and i will be doing a lot of driving off roads and particularly in mud. can anyone give some suggestions on what brand. i have been thinking tough dog but still not sure.

+1 for the search, like TheOx said you will find plenty of reading.

Personally i think Tuff dog are over rated, from what i have herd they are "Monroe" shocks just painted yellow.....

It's hard to decide because there are positives and negatives to all of them. You just have to do some reading and select one that suits you best.

Ive been doing alot of reading on this and ringing people to have a chat and with all this ive settled on ultimate suspension they are really easy to talk to and only to happy to help , They will also set it up for what you need not just fit up a run of the mill suspension set up .There price is also competitive considering how much they will do for you .I was talking to ARB in NOwra the other day while they fitted my canopy and they told me that ARB will only do a 20mm lift to navaras for between $2200 and $2400 ????

yeah mate give zordo a call, he is possible the most helpful guy on the planet with this stuff,

iron man $1200
and when its flogged out buy another set for $1200

hey thats the same prices as one ultimate suspension kit and twice the use ;)

iron man $1200
and when its flogged out buy another set for $1200

hey thats the same prices as one ultimate suspension kit and twice the use ;)

Yeah thats one way to look at it but, Ultimate gear comes with a LIFE TIME warranty on the springs and two year or 80k and thats which ever comes LAST warranty on the shocks i dont think you would need to bother fuckin around twice, the other thing is you can re-build their shocks for $60 and they are valved to suit each car.

So i dont think the iron man stuff is all that good even for the $1200 and thats without fitting, wheel alignment and warranty that ultimate offer.

Last edited:
Oh and ultimate cost $2100 fitted not $2400 like you suggest and if you didnt spend your time fitting up two sets of Ironman gear how much would fitting cost, i think it would be around $400 each time so 1200 + 400 = 1600 x 2 = $3200

Last edited:
Oh and ultimate cost $2100 fitted not $2400 like you suggest and if you didnt spend your time fitting up two sets of Ironman gear how much would fitting cost, i think it would be around $400 each time so 1200 + 400 = 1600 x 2 = $3200

Ah I think you'll find that it's 2100 not fitted unless you live where there store is so you still have to pay for fitment if you don't do it yourself. Unless you want to ship your car down there, and and I had a look at there warrenty and you actually have to pay for them to take it out and put a new piece in. So that will make it 2100 + 400 which gives you 2500 then if you need to get the new part installed which is another 400 for labour so that's 2900 so the iron man kit with new parts and install for 2000? So go figure. Oh and I forgot freight for there products.

Last edited:
Ah I think you'll find that it's 2100 not fitted unless you live where there store is so you still have to pay for fitment if you don't do it yourself. Unless you want to ship your car down there, and and I had a look at there warrenty and you actually have to pay for them to take it out and put a new piece in. So that will make it 2100 + 400 which gives you 2500 then if you need to get the new part installed which is another 400 for labour so that's 2900 so the iron man kit with new parts and install for 2000? So go figure. Oh and I forgot freight for there products.

Ah no your wrong!!!!!! i have had it fitted and can list all the parts and labour cost for you if you like, BUT it came to a Grand total $2130 FITTED no more to pay.

YOUR JUST PLUCKING FIGURES OUT OF THIN AIR!!!
"SO GO FIGURE"

EDIT: I just had a read of the warranty TERMS AND CONDITIONS card i was given when i picked up the ute from "ULTIMATE", and no where on the card does it say, that if a part fails you will have to pay them to remove it and re-install it.

Last edited:
Ah no your wrong!!!!!! i have had it fitted and can list all the parts and labour cost for you if you like, BUT it came to a Grand total $2130 FITTED no more to pay.

YOUR JUST PLUCKING FIGURES OUT OF THIN AIR!!!
"SO GO FIGURE"

EDIT: I just had a read of the warranty TERMS AND CONDITIONS card i was given when i picked up the ute from "ULTIMATE", and no where on the card does it say, that if a part fails you will have to pay them to remove it and re-install it.

go to the website and read it yourself. and they only have one store not everyone lives there ay. and if you didnt fit it yourself how do you really know anything about comparison of different companys gear, all you did was extra money for a "warrenty"

im glad you can read the brochure.

d40ryan said:
Mate IDE go into opposite lock you'll probably find they can do it cheaper.

OP Newcastle quoted me $1700 for tough dog kit, bought it of Zordo for $1750 to my front door, didnt have to go pick it up.

go to the website and read it yourself. and they only have one store not everyone lives there ay. and if you didnt fit it yourself how do you really know anything about comparison of different companys gear, all you did was extra money for a "warrenty"

im glad you can read the brochure.

:blasign::yeahright:

1) I dont need to go to the web site, i have all the info i need. When you get there gear fitted they do a 1000km check to make sure every thing has settled the way it should, that there is no coil bucket contact, and all nuts bolts are still tight ect.
at that point they give you a warranty card that also has all before and after measurements and new measurements are taken at 1000km,
Now on that warranty card NOT a "BROCHURE" is all the TERMS & CONDITIONS.

2)How does fitting anything yourself allow you to make comparisons of all other brands?????? the only way you could do that is if you had fitted every brand, and that just isnt feasible is it.

3) "All I did was spend extra money on warranty"

NO i spent extra money on,

a)FITTING THE SUSPENSION & WHEEL ALIGNMENT

b) THE RE-BUILDABLE SHOCKS THAT ARE VALVED TO SUIT EACH AND EVERY CAR not a one size or 3 size fits all application

c) THE SERVICE & THE FACT THAT THE CAR IS WEIGHED ON EACH WHEEL AS WELL AS A TOTAL MASS TO ALLOW A MORE REFINED SET UP.

d) THERE REPUTATION, I HAVE NOT HERD OR READ ONE BAD THING ABOUT THEM, AND THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS.

e) WARRANTY, YES THE WARRANTY DID COME INTO CONSIDERATION.

mate at the end of the day i just highlighted the fact that you were not totally correct in saying

"iron man $1200 and when its flogged out buy another set for $1200"

"hey thats the same prices as one ultimate suspension kit and twice the use ;)"

Now your getting all upset that i called you on it.

Yes you own a Navara and you go 4x4ing in it, Well so do allot of others, and you are not the only one on here that has had some experience off the black top.

I have had plenty of cars, 4x4's, motor bikes which i have done all the work on myself, BUT after doing plenty of that over the last 25 years, i now think my time is better spent elsewhere, not tearing my knuckles apart stuffing around under my car changing springs and shocks with out all the tools, like a HOIST ect

So just because you may have fitted your Nav's suspension doesnt mean YOU NOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERY TYPE OF SET UP AVAILABLE.

Like i said i just called you out on your $ figures you quoted, people can have opinions like both of us have but when you just pluck figures from thin air that are not correct then someone may call you on it.

Good luck with your IRONMAN gear i hope its just what you wanted as i will with my gear from ULTIMATE because that is just what i wanted. :redcool:

Back