Time to wake up the neighbours!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I modified my exhaust a little today, by way of completely getting rid of the muffler. It is now 3 inch right from the back of the turbo (new dump pipe) straight through with mandrel bends all the way. Its a little bit deeper at idle, not too much noisier inside the car while driving but bloody loud when I get right up it. Im not sure whether it is quicker or slower without the muffler but sounds bloody cool!

The missus doesn't know yet, I guess she will find out at 6 oclock tommorrow morning lol.

Edit: Here are a couple of sound clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3wFZBhGaNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eMY7TbAAzg

Big thanks to Jason for the video's.

Last edited:
LOL! she will find out alright. I know if it was me and my truck I would make sure the people up the road from me knew about it as they have done the same to use with some big F350 monster..

Ha ha, I usually leave for work at 5.30, might hold off a bit to hear you go past!

kids wreck everything.lol

shook her head ah, wait till she hear's the pssssh from an airlocker then wait for it lol

much turbo whistle?

Not any more than before I don't think mate, its just a really deep note. I thought it might really whistle like some do but I dont think it does. Could you hear the turbo from behind Jason?

I have made it so that it is only 4 bolts and the muffler can go straight back in, so if it shits me (or the boss) I can change it back. I'm not ready to yet though lol.

Yeah its a bit of a joint effort mate lol. Jack Beedhams did most of it, and I mucked around with it from there, yep it is full 3 inch from turbo back, inc new dump pipe, and no cat.

I wouldnt like to start one from scratch, bloody big job.

I might ask Jason nicely to crack out his video camera and see if we can record it, might not come out too good, I'm not sure. Sounds like a good idea to go play anyway lol.

Yeah thats what I thought. It would be a massive job to undertake without the proper gear at hand

How do you find it when driving? Is it loud inside?

Do you have it on the freeway at all ?

All good mate, I don't have anything major on this weekend, drop around and we can go for a spin somewhere and record it. I aint sitting in the tray at 100 clicks tho! especially the way you attract cops :p

with my 3" straight through you could hear the turbo spooling at idle on cold mornings

Oh and you can definately hear the turbo whistle.

Awesome!

Navara Cruz it is still pretty quiet with the windows up, I mean you can definately hear that its a deeper note but the sound deadening is so good in it that its fine.

I havent had it on the highway yet, only up to about 90km/h, its not too noisy at all at that speed.

All in all I reckon it sounds really good but is probably a tad loud for everyday driving (time will tell) I really only did it for a laugh and because I am going to moreton Is next week for 5 days and wanted to hear it tearing up the beach lol. I reckon in time I will take out the link pipe that replaces the muffler again and put a hot dog or resonator in there just to take a little bit of bark out of it and it should be perfect. If it shits me too much its only 4 bolts to put the muffler back in anyways.

Latest posts

Back