patrol gear box in to a wd21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have almost completed it. few more days and it will be a runner, any one alse put one in there truck ?
img9789es.jpg

the gear sticks need bent a little to clear the dash
img9803d.jpg

Last edited:
motor is a td27t diesel. as for gear box its out for a Nissan safari 1989 i wanted a stronger gear box and using a pto winch was a bonus, and was thinking of sas ing it.
it runs std td27t flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, with a gq thrust bearing and clutch fork, and slave cylinder, and stock terrano master cylinder both being 3/4. the bell housing is made from plate steel and a new cross member was made for me as well as a rear drive shaft. still has the hand brake drum on gearbox but disconnected.

was thinking of sas ing it.

You're kind of forced to SAS it, aren't you? The front driveshaft output from the transfer is on the wrong side for the Terrano.

it runs std td27t flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, with a gq thrust bearing and clutch fork, and slave cylinder, and stock terrano master cylinder both being 3/4. the bell housing is made from plate steel and a new cross member was made for me as well as a rear drive shaft. still has the hand brake drum on gearbox but disconnected.

What did all the custom fab work set you back?

$500 for cross member $900 for bell housing, a mate helped out who is a fitter tuner. did a bit myself but engineer ended up redoing it lol
p10100027.jpg

That is just crazy. Fantastic. I'd be stoked with that. I'd be interested to know how a td27 copes with the gearing of a Patrol. Did the speedo cable thingy go alright in the box?

And is that an s12 Gazelle in the background I see?

That is just crazy. Fantastic. I'd be stoked with that. I'd be interested to know how a td27 copes with the gearing of a Patrol. Did the speedo cable thingy go alright in the box?

And is that an s12 Gazelle in the background I see?

yes speedo worked out fine and car is a ae86 toyota thanks

Back