Fog Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca85

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post so here it goes.

I have a 2011 D40 ST with an ARB bullbar. I am looking at getting a set of fog lights to go into the bullbar and was just wondering if the wiring is already there to plug the lights into so then you only need to get the new blinker stalk and swap over.

Nissan dealer told me i would have to buy a wiring harness and new blinker stalk to install.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

You won't need a new stalk. Just wiring attached to existing fog light wiring.

Thanks guys. I knew i'd need a new stalk coz the ST doesnt come standard with fog lights. Just wondering if the wiring is already there to plug the lights into?

Cheers

Just hook it up to a switch and save yourself a couple hundred dollars

If you are using the kits off ebay or have the standard headlight switch you cannot use the original wiring. The wiring on a D40 is quite complicated, all lights are controlled by an ecu. The genuine switch directs various voltages to activate different lighting. Fitting a toggle switch and cutting into the fog light circuit will not work and give you all sorts of problems. If you wish to fit a toggle switch you must run new wiring and keep it totally separate from the original harness.
The easiest way is to either buy the genuine switch or pick up a s/h Pathfinder switch from the wreckers. Not only does it become a quick plug and play option but has the added bonus of activating the fog light indicator on the dash.

I would contact Nizzbits for the stalk. That is where I purchased mine whereas the dealers had NFI & wanted me to pay before they ordered & if it was wrong that was my stiff.

P.S I didn't call my dealer because the Service Manager is the spare parts man & he would know I had been frigging around with it.

I may be wrong but arent the only trucks fitted with the factory harness by default the Spanish built trucks. Thought the Thai trucks ran a different harness and switch.
Only reason I say this is the Pathy is Spanish built so the switch from a Pathy may not work in a Thai built truck
Hey I may be way wrong ,,, wouldnt be the first time

When I contacted Gary, there were several different part numbers listed at different prices. He figured they were the same & ordered the cheapest. It appears that the ST & STX are the same stalk. No idea about the Pathy. My ST had the loom & I just needed to plug in the stalk & change the terminals to fit the ARB fog lights.

I took a photo of the box & posted it in the part number topic, I think.

Found it: http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=554&page=6

Last edited:
I have a 2009 Spanish built STX and fitted a genuine switch about 2 yrs ago. Part number 25540-EC40B. Cost about $150. Very easy to fit. The lights being a kit I bought off e-bay.

Has anyone actually fitted genuine fog lights into an ARB bull bar?
I recall the ARB folks telling me the genuine lights will not mount into their bar... if they do, what is the work around?

Foglights

Hi Joe
i got hold of a set of fog lights on Ebay from 2013 Navara .Have looked and the wiring harness is in place already .I dont have the mounting plate for the lights though .it looks similar to the blank plate that sits in the foglight opening
Does anyone know if and where i can get hold of the mounting brackets for the lights, also the indicator stalk you ordered would it be the same as i need ??
cheers :confused2:

Ive got a feeling the factory fogs don't line up with the ARB bar. I think they only take IPF and the like.

Latest posts

Back