Body lift bolts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at a guess - 12mm, metric fine thread (M12x1.25).

but, any self respecting body lift kit will come with bolts supplied.

Both M10 and M12 and from memory all fine thread, joshman is right any kit will come with them but if your making your own like i did, you can use coarse thread to replace any bolts that have accessible nuts (will save you some money) but the ones with encapsulated nuts still have to be fine thread. Also I had to make up the rear cab bolts as I couldn't buy long enough fine threaded bolts.

I had the same experience as loco12.
Made my own kit and replaced bolts/nuts I could get to with high tensile coarse thread.
The four rear of cab bolts facing upwards into captured nuts are impossible to get at that length.I cut the heads off original nissan bolts and welded on a new head with 50mm of shaft. I used double vee, full pen set up with tig weld.Dont attempt at home unless you know what your doing. Sometimes its easier just to buy a kit.
Zordos is the go from all accounts.

I went the opposite way to Charlie and got much longer coarse threads cut the thread off and cut a new fine thread on them. If you can't do it your self most machine shops will be able to do it for you.

I've got 8 blocks for my tray and have used 10mm bolts, just a little worried because the factory ones are 12mm, surely 8 x 10mm will be strong enough?

scotty_dee said:
I've got 8 blocks for my tray and have used 10mm bolts, just a little worried because the factory ones are 12mm, surely 8 x 10mm will be strong enough?

What I'd be worried about is the small amount of movement you might get with the smaller bolts. I would be trying to hunt down some 12mm bolts.

RustyNav09 said:
10mm bolts is all that's in our trays Joshman. I did my bodylift and I have 6x 10mm bolts in my tub.

Ah, well there you go. I did manual labour tasks while ZORDO fiddled with the bolts, so I'm not really sure what's in there

When I did mine it cost me $30 for all bolts but
The back body bolts don't come long enough in fine
Thread so they do need to be machined but it's cheap enough
To get done, while you are getting them machined get the body
Blocks made up too I got my full body lift for $100 and just to let
People know there is a bracket mounted on to the body
That holds a drive shaft or centre bearing can't remember
Exactly what they said it was but it needed to be lifted as well

Latest posts

Back