tjm rear bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Reaction score
gday
went to the local fourwheeler shop to order in one of the new tjm rear bars for my 2011 nav. he priced me up at $595 but reckons the bar wont fit on a nav from 09 onwards for towing reasons or something. i kno a few of you guys on here have them fitted and wanted to kno if you had a newer one like mine and if it fit? if so does it just need some modifying or something?
cheers
scuba

I think the issue is that D22's 2008 and earlier had the short tub and D22's 2009 and later had the long tub.

Tow bars and presumably rear bars as well need different construction or they are too far inwards or too far outwards (depending upon whether you mount pre 2008 product on post 2009 or vice versa).

Yer Scuba I think Geoff has it ! I have one on my 2004 and the compliance plate says up to 2008 and I think the Tub was just made longer on the newer models. Sorry I can't be of any help !

Attachments

• new TJM Rear Bar.jpg
    new TJM Rear Bar.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hey mate im no help either lol but is the a rear bar or just a rear towbar. thats seems cheap for a rear bar id just bout buy one and mod it if thats the case. probly not legal but over engineer it and itl never break :-D

And the longer tray thing does suck ive looked for towbars and every numptie is all confused it sucks

i got an arb one too, very happy with it, they make it for the longer tubs, u'll haver to get the beaver plate that goes with it too tho, so dont forget if u get an arb one.

Yup ARB do make a rear bar for the long tub D22's, the main issue is that it's a fair bit more expensive than the TJM one :thumpdown:

Scotty on the forum has been making rear bars as well as sliders (they look good too), maybe give him a PM and see what he can do for you.

Well that does suck bout the longer tray i didnt even realise they were any longer haha. The arb bar is a fair bit more expensive than the tjm so i might just have to opt for something different. Thanks for all the help though guys

hhhmm just re read your first.
the thing that sucks is ARB have you by the short and curlys. they seem to be the only ones that have made a bar for the newer D22's. even the ironman bar doesn't

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing, so I sent tjm an email. They have told me they are developing one for the 09+ models, but don't have a release date at the moment so just keep an eye on their website...

bods said:
I was wondering the same thing, so I sent tjm an email. They have told me they are developing one for the 09+ models, but don't have a release date at the moment so just keep an eye on their website...

they (tjm) told me the same thing almost 18 months ago when i bought my ARB rear bar

Latest posts

Back