TAG Tow Bar - Is this right?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgish

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Have a 2012 STR D22, purchased a TAG towbar for it. It sits this far in. Surely this cannot be right?

552616_10150656985731987_532991986_9535932_1849556581_n.jpg

Thanks,
Kris

Good luck fitting a WDH to that. Even a stock ball mount would have trouble - I think they're 150mm from the pin to the ball centre.

Did they supply the ball mount? They might have their own mount specific to this bar.

The later model D22's have a longer tray than the earlier D22's by 100mm. Maybe they've fitted a bar for the earlier D22 with the shorter tray by mistake? That would explain why it's sitting so far in.

i'm surprised you can get the spare wheel in underneath with it sitting that far back.

it almost looks like it was made for the DX model.

that ust be wrong, the leverage on the towball would be large with even the smaller weights. I reckon Geoff is on the money. Older bar on the extended newer tray.

Definately wrong, that one is for the 2008 and previous models with the shorter tray.

The later model D22's have a longer tray than the earlier D22's by 100mm. Maybe they've fitted a bar for the earlier D22 with the shorter tray by mistake? That would explain why it's sitting so far in.

Definately wrong, that one is for the 2008 and previous models with the shorter tray.

Absolutely right guys. Tray is 100mm longer. Rang the shop that provided the towbar and they are aware of it. Their solution was to provide the longer ballmount/tounge with it.

Doesn't suit me though, I use a Tilt-a-hitch to get my track car on the trailer. By having the bar sit so far in you are restricted to use only the extended tounge. Renders the point of having a 2" receiver pointless.

Waiting for a call back, TAG do not make a diferent bar. Going to see if they can source a Hayman Reese or a genuine Nissan instead.

Appreciate the quick response!

Update: Supplier says Hayman & Reese sits flush with rear step.

Ordered and swapping on Tuesday. Will post the results.

I had this problem when I got my nav. Nissan swapped it to the correct one free of charge cause they stuffed up. It is def wrong.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back