Gearbox plugs stuck????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm trying to change out my G-Box and T-Case oils and both the drain and filler plugs arent coming out at all.

The only think I can think of is that because the G-box and T-case are still warm from a big long drive this morning, the plugs have expanded with the heat, and the simple fix is to just wait till it cools down, is this right

heat shouldnt matter i think because the whole case will expand with the plugs

There is previous postings on this very problem...

I think its a male square drive you need that fits snugly into the plug and a decent breaker bar does the trick, but the drive MUST bee a good fit.

Could be a hex drive also..

After its out, turf it and fit a plug with an external socket.

Krankin said:
After its out, turf it and fit a plug with an external socket.

Where do I find these plugs?

I eventually got it out, leaving it for an hour to cool off seemed to work a treat. Now all my oils are changed, and the front diff is out. Tomorrow the Lokka goes in and the sump gasket gets changed!

Yeah, I'd love to get a 1/2" drive adapter for these, so I can still torque and smack a big breaker bar on them.

There actually 13mm plugs. Not 1/2 inch.

thats correct..most use 1/2"...12.7mm..problem is though the drop forged square recess does not have parallel sides.

Heat should be your friend as ally expands more than steel..so not sure what happened

gazza414 said:
Heat should be your friend as ally expands more than steel..so not sure what happened

I think I just needed a nap and to man up. I put the torque wrench on them all this time, so they should be easier

Back