Emergency help please!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
I'm up at double island point and my STX is stuck in low range - wouldn't go in low range yesterday and saw me bogged with a camper trailer! Long story, no time now. Reception here is terrible.

Nissan roadside assist gave me a lengthy reset procedure which involves locking and unlocking e car three times and rolling backwards and forwards...... No luck!

The VDC off light on the dash is illuminated and won't go away.

All fuses good.

This car has been the bane of my existence for 13,000 Kms which is all it has! 8 months old.....

Help? Anyone? I need to drive to Brisbane in the morning to pick up my son. I'm going to burn it.

I had a similar issue with mine, turned out to be an electrical connector not making contact on the transfer case. I managed to fix by pushing them all in properly.

Good Luck

sorry to hear that mate, i only just got back from there other wise i would of came to help out.

hope you get it fixed

Yep all I can sugest is get underneath and pull your plugs of the transfer case and plug them back in. Make sure they are clean. Also you can disconnect the battery and reset the computer. See how you go with that,hopefully it works for you.

If you can just unbolt the actuator from the transfer case and turn the shaft with pliers.
It sounds hard but it only takes 5 min.

After it cooled down, it went back into high range and switched between 2wd and 4wd no drama. The VDC Off warning light on the dash stayed lit though...... I tried disconnecting the battery , reset and everything to no avail.

A couple of days later (not needing low range) I was traveling from rainbow back to our camp at freshwater and the VDC off light mysteriously went off...... I stopped and checked the operation of low range. Everything worked perfectly.

Worst thing for me now is, the car is working as it should so Nissan have nothing to fix. Real confidence inspiring. I think I have a lemon.

After it cooled down, it went back into high range and switched between 2wd and 4wd no drama. The VDC Off warning light on the dash stayed lit though...... I tried disconnecting the battery , reset and everything to no avail.

A couple of days later (not needing low range) I was traveling from rainbow back to our camp at freshwater and the VDC off light mysteriously went off...... I stopped and checked the operation of low range. Everything worked perfectly.

Worst thing for me now is, the car is working as it should so Nissan have nothing to fix. Real confidence inspiring. I think I have a lemon.

mine has similar issues when i drive through a fair bit of mud and water.
you should be able to hear it click into low, make sure your in neutral and the clutch isnt in or else it wont engage or for some reason it was indicating 4h when it was in 2h and 2h when it was in 4h ended up figuring out which it was in, turning the car off for a second and turning it back on with the right one selected and then driving in a straight line. which fixed it, oh and dont leave it in 4 low and turn it off for a while made that mistake while camping and it gave me the warning light.

i also read somewhere on the frontier forums about the actuators being corroded, you may need to pull them out and clean them off/get new ones, then silicone the shit out of them and put em back in

Last edited:
I would be learning where all the electrical connections and sensors are for hi/low range etc and carrying a can of electra clean.........for starters

Latest posts

Back