yd25 snorkel install do's and donts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stremd22

Reaction score
Hey all

ordered my yd25 snorkel today with all the ducting to suit my 06 zd30 nav so i can do the dual batttery thing. Anyway just after some tips since i'll be tackling the install myself.. what makes things easier and or some pics would be great. cheers

did mine my self sort of had my neighbour cut the big hole so i didnt have to look, as for tips before you drill or cut anything check twice and then check again put masking tape over entire guard befor anything its easyer to mark out that way and drils wont slip on paint work when everything is done be sure to rust guard /paint any bare metal and dont forget to seal around air box etc no point getting air from higher up if water can still get in at lower point, good luck

1) make sure its all sealed everywhere otherwise whats the point of it and if its not u will have to remove the kit and the sikaflex is a bastard to get off

best to use black automotive sikiflex. thats what arb used when fitting mine

Completely clean the metal filings or it will rust spots internally

if u can afford $200 get arb to do it..i usually do alot stuff by myself but this one is important and needs to be done right the first time.

Last edited:
If you dont have them already i would definately be going out and buying a good quality hole saw not a cheap one, and a good quality set of wrachet ring spanners, they are a must for making the tighting of the nuts onto the snorkel main body studs. As there is next to no room to do it especially the nuts up in the corner.

Bart,

yeah i dont understand y there are so many bolts for a piece of plastic but anyway its a pain in the arse lol i had a bad air leak where the yd25 pipe joined the airbox so check all joins and most of all TAKE YOUR TIME

cheers guys, pretty confident in tackling it myself.. already have sikaflex and just some cold galv in a spray can, would that be good enough? how would ya check for air leaks? anyone have the correct size hole saw and wouldnt mind selling it and sending to sa?

sam.

check out my and bp90's build thread there are pics in there, i also did a sparate thread when i put my snorkel on so check it out, like has been said, quality hole saw and drill bits sika flex and basicly take your TIME!! and you will be sweet.

bryan

I didnt have a big enough hole saw so i drilled lots of 6mm holes around the inside of circumferance and then cleaned it up with a die grinder.

biggest tip tho as has been stated, get a set of ratchet ringys.Worth there weight in gold, when your up inside that guard.

Good luck, this is a shit hot mod for the zd30,I used the extra room to run front mount intercooler pipes, and a compressor.Might change it and put second battery there one day.

DSCF7347.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back