Jamieson 28-29 April

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Possibly heading up Jamieson way on the 28th for an overnight trip with a mate. He has noticed an unusual red "growth" on some of the trees up that way and wants to get some photos...

The plan is to tackle a few more difficult tracks to "test" the Terrano, as I fitted a front locker and have not really found its limits yet.

Bruce (my mate) has extensive knowledge of the High Country and a very well set up Cruiser ute. He is also the best damm camp fire cook I know!!!!

If there is enough interest I will get busy and organise it...

:beer:

Sounds like fun! Depending on how "serious" of tracks your going to, I would be keen to come along. Hopefully the weather holds off a bit hey.

Yeah i could be a possibility. Keen to take the nav out after geting it fixed up. Any ideas how long to get there from east gipsland? Google maps says 5 hours but its only 200ks so surely not that long.

Yeah i could be a possibility. Keen to take the nav out after geting it fixed up. Any ideas how long to get there from east gipsland? Google maps says 5 hours but its only 200ks so surely not that long.

There are many options to get you to Jamieson. Most will be about 4 - 5 hrs. I would suggest via Heyfield then Licola to Jamieson

:sorry3:

I'd love to... but after being out playing in the 4x4 the last two weekends I reckon I've run out of 'pass outs' :)

when i went jamieson at the start of the year, if it rains and you dont have 33s, your gona have a bad time lol

Don't let that worry you Thorn, Jamieson might be good for 4wding but you aren't going to get stranded just because of a little rain. We haven't been bogged at Jamieson in the last 20 odd years and none of our vehicles have ever had 33's. Know the weather reports before you leave and don't hit any track you're not comfortable with if rain is predicted.

Don't let that worry you Thorn, Jamieson might be good for 4wding but you aren't going to get stranded just because of a little rain. We haven't been bogged at Jamieson in the last 20 odd years and none of our vehicles have ever had 33's. Know the weather reports before you leave and don't hit any track you're not comfortable with if rain is predicted.

Well I went in January and diffs bottoming out everywhere!! My mate with 33s was just clearing everything

Yeah but you don't have to hit those tracks was the point I was making. There is plenty of Jamieson that doesn't need 33's and not having a good time could well be talking someone out of having a good weekend.

i was up at jamieson about 1 month ago and it was fairly hard for my stock d40 .. i got stuck on quite a thew big rocks kinda makes me don't want to go back until i have some under body guards and rock sliders and a lift and wheels and a patrol haha jks they is quite a thew go around the hard stuff tracks though sometimes there blocked off witch can suck and u know you have to go up or turn and go home lol

IMG_2486.jpg

alot of rocky tracks

Not having a go at D40's they have their good points but comparing stock D40 to stock D22 the D22 has somewhat better clearance (of course a lift will help both types).

yeah the d22 is better from stock i use to have one

Just wouldn't want to stop the rest of the team driving stuff their car could handle... Dont want to be the party pooper!

There is always the option of jumping in with some one else and learning from them. I clearly remember my first ever trip, in a mates inherited shorty patrol. It was his first ever trip as well.

We slid down black soil track to the Mcallister river. By the time we reached the bottom we were both convinced the vehicle was useless. We then proceded to get bogged and almost slide off the edge of the track into the river. We were standing in mud wondering what he "F" to do when a V8 Rangie with all the bells and whistles came along. He stopped and assesed the situation ( I am certain he was laughing at us ). He then drove up the bank around us and snatched us out from in front, gave us some directions to the sisters camp ground and deflated our tyres then left us to complete our journey.

We spent the weekend with about a dozen more experienced 4W drivers and learned an absolute shit load by riding along with them.

At the end of the weekend I drove the shorty out of the valley without a single issue, and the track was somewhat degraded by all the traffic by then, and still we got out with no issue.

Point is you dont have to be driving your own vehicle to have fun and learn. You just have to be there. My experience has been that most blokes welcome a passenger if you dont think you or your vehicle are up to it.

Thats my 2 cents worth...

Mat

Latest posts

Back