What's your favourite Car Wax?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Waxing the car is a job that I generally dislike the thought of, but always appreciate after having done it. What are the waxes you like or recommend?

I used to work in the airline industry and we used to put a car wax on the acrylic windows of the 747's to keep them protected. The stuff we used is called Porzalac "O" Diamond Wax. I have used it on all my cars ever since and generally only need to wax my cars once or maybe twice a year.

It's not too hard to put on, but a nightmare to polish off. It's a big job to do the car but like I said, usually a once a year job, oh and it comes up beauuuuuutiful! What does everyone else use?

Cheers,

DJ

I use Meguiars Professional show car glaze 7..... Easy to put on,Easy to get off with one of the best finishes i can get.
I have a black bike so everything shows up real badly if you dont get it right.
And my Navara loves it.

Attachments

• black_gsxr1000k4_finished_edited.jpg
    black_gsxr1000k4_finished_edited.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 209
I use Meguiars Wet Look, Ive had it for a while and can't bring myself to throw the bottle out.

Seems to go good on the Nav.

Meguiars Professional for me and i also keep the meguiars scratch removal paste on hand as well. Doesn't seem to damage the coating to much and can get out those subtle scratches.

Love the look when i bother to do the whole car!

Whats wax used for???????

LOL I cant remember the last time I had a bottle of polish in my hand, I was told by a detailer if you want to protect your truck from light scraches make sure you use a Wax and not a polish apparently there is a difference

Mick

Hi Kitch,

Pretty sure I can answer this one for you. A polish is actually an abrasive compound of extremely fine powder. When you runb it on the car, the abrasive removes a micro amount of the top or oxidized surface of the paint to reveal the underlying original paint.

That is why there is different grades of polish like Cut and polish and polish. The worse your paint is, the more abrasive the compound needs to be to take off more paint surface oxidization.

Wax is actually a clear wax filler. The objective is to fill the tiny scores made by the polish abrasive grains. The wax fills all the troughs of the scouring and leaves a hard coating over the entire surface of the paint.

Wax is a better idea if you keep the paint in good nick. If you let the paint go, you need to polish first, then wax to seal and protect it.

Cheers,

DJ

I use the meguiars range aswell, have been recommended autoglym by an automotive paint shop so will give that a go.

I have previously used an AIO wax, all in one, looks great when built up over time.

Hard wax was only used occasionaly. This was my best effort on a VE SSV commodore I owned in Aussie.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Will remember the name of it soon ......

Hi Guys,

took your advice and bought some McGuires car wax and waxed the new Nav today, looks really nice and the wax was easy on/off so took no time really.

Thanks for the heads up.

DJ

Don't flash your high beams in his rear view mirror!

I've got the fancy kit that Nissan gave me with the protection pack which may have cost more than it was worth but there were other *cough* tax *cough* benefits to be had.

No idea how good it is. Been too busy drivin' it to clean it! Wife and I did 600k today, started in the Watagans, drove up to Lake St Clair, further to Lake Glenbawn, back to Lake Liddel, over to Dungog, into Alison, across to Nelson Bay via Grahamstown Dam then back home to Newcastle.

I'll clean it, I promise.

Damn Tony, sounds like a great trip.

Myself and Matt are heading to the Glasshouse Mountains tomorrow moring........and it's been raining........

I've been using the new Turtle Wax ICE, seems to give a nice finish, although on the roof and bonnet I really need to clay bar first, it is a bit rough.

Hoo Roo

Back