Dynamat sound proofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
just sound proofed the door's on the nav.

what ya need.
stanley knife
metho and a rag.
philips head screw driver.
dynamat ( i got mine off ebay for $245 delivered which is 9 sheets for he door's i only used 3 sheets.
paint roller

remove the door cover i think it's 5 bolts.

remove the clear plastic liner off the door, dont owrry if the black stick stuff is left there.

get the metho and the rag and clean the door so there is no dust or anything on it, they get surprisingly dirty.

i did it all by myself but it helps if you had 2 people as it get's a bit hard getting the bigger sheets on and the right size.

then cut sheet's to cover the door and holes, remember dont cover the hole's where the screw's go, also make sure the door lock's still work.
and just stick it on there.

i went for a drive and notice i hear the engine more, the engine hasn't got louder i think it's that the road noise has gone down, i drove on a gravel road with corragations and it seemed quieter.

im going to do the roof and put a sheet at the base of both wheel wells i think that will greatly reduce the noise then, but just doing the doors i think is worth it.

i think the roof would need 4 sheets, 3 foor the doors and 2 for the wheel wells work's great with the bulk 9 sheet kit. there size's were 800mm by 450 something like that.

i believe it also has increase the sound from the speakers and seems clearer.

Attachments

• 23082009009.jpg
    23082009009.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 23082009011.jpg
    23082009011.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 23082009013.jpg
    23082009013.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 326
Just bought the extreme bulk pack.
9 sheets 460x810mm (3.4m2)
$186 delivered from Motoquipe S.A. (eBay)

Yeah, planning to do the boot well n quarter panels n doors for road noise (370z). I see a sheet on the inside of the door skin is a big + as well. Cheers

in my previous car i did the whole car..... such a difference and PRICEY

cost about 700 in dynomat

This is something I've been thinking of
Doing to my nav. Was thinking doors + floor only though.

in my previous car i did the whole car..... such a difference and PRICEY

cost about 700 in dynomat

I'm gonna start with the rear n doors n see how that goes. I my get addicted tho n wanna get it schmick.

well at most you need the front doors and firewall, and front foot wells(to under the seat) to keep most road noise down

only reason i did the whole car was because of a 2000$ sound system

so essentially do the front half of the cab (do the roof if your paranoid) but its not really that beneficial

oh and kickars2... you should cut a hole back in the door to allow access, just use a piece of cardboard or slim mdf , cover it and screw to the door that way you can actually get behind incase you need to fix something

and a cheaper option is to just do the insides of the door card...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back