Autobarn are pri*ks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba84

Reaction score
Long story short. Buy an autometer boost gauge on the weekend from autobarn springwood. Now i thought i could have got a cheaper brand from the internet but i thought no i will support a bricks and motar store. Install it mounting it in the autometer cup i purchased at the same time. Nowhere does is say the thing needs to be modified to fit but thats a different story. Plumb it all up ant test it and it gets stuck on 5PSI. Go to the capalaba store the next day and they tell me to take it back to springwood. I ring springwood tonight to tell them im coming over to exchange as it is the first chance I've had and i get

Autobarn: "so have you installed it"
Me: "well yes that's how i know it doesn't work" (like i magically know its faulty in the box)
Autobarn: "well then it needs to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection"

I'm sorry but WTF. Now i have to wait longer than i have owned the thing for to get a replacement, even though it was rooted out of the box.

I thought shopping at a real place instead of the internet would have been better for warranty,guess i was wrong. Least i wont make that mistake again.

Feel free to share your stories to make me feel better

yeah its bullshit how if you use it they dont exchange it, how else r u spose to know if it works or not, nice name aswell lol

yeah i had to look twice.... at first i thought Scooba had replied to his own post but then i saw that it was actually scooba who answered scooba and not the other scooba who .......... Oh shit now im just confused..... lol

My mrs works at super cheap, now if that happens they swap it on the spot then they send the faulty item off!!! Autobahn are for the tip!!

the supplier (autobahn) are obliged to replace or refund if its dead out of the box

I would still go into the store and demand a refund. If you are there in person and ask to speak with the manager and explain the situation. Demand a refund. I highly doubt they will say no.

Go in there with your guage and reciept, kick up a stink, make enough noise and they will want to fix you up and get you out of there quik smart. They hate that, its bad for buisness.

rabbit-chop said:
Go in there with your guage and reciept, kick up a stink, make enough noise and they will want to fix you up and get you out of there quik smart. They hate that, its bad for buisness.

^^ x2............

Last edited:
You have the right for a refund or replacement under consumer law.Just tell them its either do the right thing or you will bring the courts into it.
Ring consumer affairs and have them explain it to Autobarn
Selling a defective item means an automatic refund or replacement on a new item

Last edited:
springwood store is like that, big store big attitude. I only shop at the beenleigh or browns plains store for this very reason. if there gonna apply that stupid mentality they should at least put a big sign up at the register informing customers of their refund policy.

supercheap is good, but the quality of a calibre gauge opossed to an auto meter is like chalk and cheese. Autometer gauges have very little DOA products

Yep, demand a refund....infact you dont have to demand a refund, you should just get one.

This is interesting. I hardly shop at the springwood branch as its a but of a hike. My local Browns Plains branch are nothing but knowledge if you speak with the right guys. Never had an issue with them ever. As for your gauge ut should of been classed as dead on arrival and replaced straight away. I purchased a gauge off eBay from a company called Roadrunner and I love it. Very responsive and accurate

Rusty

I have had a bad experience at the capalaba store about a brand new isotta steering wheel purchased from that store that I got as a gift one time. All I wanted was to return it for store credit but they didn't want to know about it. Totally unprofessional and rude, hence I have never been back. I use to spend a lot of money in their store but I'd rather go online now.

I had the same thing happen with a head unit i bought from them a few years ago. there was no sound coming out of it no matter what i did. I took the unit into them and they pulled the demo one out to hook mine up. Guess what? no sound... They had to send it away to be replaced, they couldnt just give me one off the shelf. Luckily i had bought a few second hand parts from this blokes car, he lent me the demo one out of the shop. BUT definately wouldnt give me a new replacement.

ive had a few problems with them re warranty ect
they will always tell you '' its up to the manufaturer to fix problem'
WRONG
supplier is liable for replacment/refund within reason ( ie i just bought it and it dont work outa box)
check fair trading website, print out the info and take it with you
stand your ground and get a refund
then shop somewhere else in future
supercheap are great with looking after customers with refund/warranty
i wont walk into a autobahn store again

Shops that post their own "Refund Policy" are a joke. They can post what they like buy we as the consumer are covered by Consumer laws.They can say what they want but we have the right to a refund or a replacement.

autobarn = people who think they know lots but really know sqaut

I took my GTR down to springwood to get some paint matched up to fix a couple of things, and grab some little bits. Anyway I get one bloke who starts talking it up as if he knows heaps about my car. So he comes out, i pop my bonnet and then he begins to tell me my car has an RB25 single turbo motor.(GTR's only ever have come out with RB26 twin turbo, apart from the newest) They even have RB26 written on the cam cover. So told him to head back on inside and grab someone else, but no one had any clue. They are as bad as bunnings, you ask a question about a product and they simply read the packet/box.

So long story short not ever going back to them any time soon

Latest posts

Back