Amp/Volt meter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4.0lt

Reaction score
Found this on the Jaycar website under power meters.

It`s a Amp/Volt meter that has log of usage etc push an inbuilt shunt for $69 might have to buy as it`s what i`ve been looking for.

Anyone purchased one.

Last edited:
Our caravan has a volt/amp meter. It uses a shunt in the main power line and is a reasonable gauge as to what's going on.

Reading the amps in the car isn't really worth doing as the ECU varies the output of the alternator anyway and as your revs are frequently changing the alternator output varies yet again.

Volts are measured by your ECU and your ECU isn't far off the mark. I can find out the exact error but it's under 0.1V and that might be due to cable loss anyway, and perhaps even catered for. If you have a Scangauge/ECUTalk/Torque then you have a volt meter already. The 2008 D40 will have an OBD port that supports any of these products.

The main reason for my interest is for the second battery monitoring as I have a 80lt & 50lt Waeco connected to 100amphr battery which when in bush is charged by 100w solar panel

You can buy amp/volt meters with ranges up to 50V and 200A suitable for vehicle and solar panel installs for less than $20 on ebay and they are as good as anything Jaycar sell.

Gonna bump an old thread.

Before my next camping weekend I would like to install a Amp/volts gauge. I have been screening the Google and found heaps of brands. Can anyone recommend brands. I just want to know what my battery 7s doing. I have been caught out with a dead deep cycle which is meant to be running the fridge before. I am after something that tells me the amps left in there battery and also what volts it also running. This is purely for the deep cycle. Or am I just better of with a volts gauge on the battery?

Thanks

I have the autoron gauges in mine it reads Both battery VOLTS and a AMP draw for the desired battery that you want to keep a eye on. If you are looking for a single amp gauge, I wouldn't go past a VDO from supersh!t or REPCO

You'll find that such an item is very common in caravan stores. We have one in our caravan - it's not too inaccurate (there is some variance but it's not major).

You COULD just watch the unloaded voltage. Either wait for the fridge to stop cycling, or turn the fridge off. Wait 5 minutes then read the voltage. Here's a brief chart to help:

12.6V or higher - full
12.5V - 90%
12.4V - 80%
12.3V - 70%
12.2V - 60%
12.0V - 50%
11.9V - 40%
11.7V - 30%
11.5V - 20%

(Figures are approximate but near enough to be a reasonable guide)

I got one these mounted just next to my handbreak wired to my 2nd battery http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...4V.aspx?pid=222393&menuFrom=70704#Description

this image laminated in consol.

MWSnap2011-07-0914_29_31.jpg

Latest posts

Back