Blinkers Flashing Fast - Yes LED's now installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
Hi All

Recently purchase & installed LED combination (blinker & parkers) light assembly to the factory (steel) bull bar on my 2007 D40 Navara. You guessed it, the blinkers are now flashing faster.

I think I have located the relays just behind the right headlight assembly. I can find 3 pin LED relays on the online (eBay etc) but these relays have 5 pins, and the LED relays online only have 3.

Somebody mush have done the same as me. Hope somebody provide an easy solution (not resistors).

Ian

The easy and quick fix is to splice a resistor into the indicator circuit somewhere.

Or find a suitable electronic or modified flasher relay that is designed for LED's.

Ok I had the exact same deal on mine. The way the wiring works on a factory bar is the relays drive the globes in the headlights and the lights in the bars are the main units. To stop the fast flash rates I ditched the relays and just bridged out the wiring .That way the BCM will see only 1 front light and 1 rear. The fact that in reality its 2 lights, one in the headlight and one in the bar , is irrelevant. The BCM only sees the single

I cured the fat flash

I also installed LED globes for the indicators and found they flashed too fast.
In the past (other cars) I used to just change the flasher relay with an electronic version and this fixed it as an elctronic flasher does not need to have a resistive load on it's output to regulate a reasonable flash rate. My D40 flash relay is part of the cicuit board behind the dash and cannot be repalced like normal.
Instead I used two 10 watt resistors in parralel wired from each wire going to the indicator bulb. I installed the resistor behind the tailight assy.
I used 2 x 15 ohm 10w resistors in parralel = 7.5 ohm. This worked and still does.

Paul

Latest posts

Back