285 75 16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
just wondering if it is possible to fit 285/75/16 on standard 7 inch rims with out to many dramas. i know it calls to use 8 inch rims but for some stupid reason navaras are very limited to makes of wheels..

yes it is, there are loads of people on here that are running 285's on stock rims.
You should have a look through the forum and find them, OH and the search function can be a pain in the arse,,,,, BUT it does work.

you just need to find someone who will fit them

yeah i have herd that can be a bit of an issue, BUT there has been several people on here that were told from their local tyre service that 285's are listed to go on 7.5inch rims which isnt possible so they consider 7' rim closer enough.

Last edited:
yeh they fit im running then on a 7.3 atm, just dont go below like 15 psi cause youll roll it off the rim. youll find that 20psi is enough bulge.

I have mine on 7" rim, Mickey Thompson are listed for a 7.2" rim "who makes a 7.2" rim? 7" is fine" Mickey Thompson rep at 4wd show told me. I have them on 7x16 +18 kings steelies, I found I needed a different off set cause tyres rubbed on the chassis at full lock, so had to move them out. I thing people with ST & RX's are ok cause their wheels are a different off set to an STX.

i just fitted some 285 bighorns on my stock alloys and couldnt be happier.some tyre guys wouldnt do it so i shopped around untill i did...came up with a better price too.

Latest posts

Back