because we have ifs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys
im starting to do more 4wding and love it !!! only thing is i get left behind when i go with my friends because they all have solid axles and i have ifs..

instead of selling my navara for a patrol ute or land cruiser ute (need for work)
im thinking a front locker but navara front end isn't that strong so i have herd... so is it possible to overcome or should i just sell up cut my losses and get something els .. cheers

i feel your pain with the ifs but i can tell you that its not something to worry about. i have been out with nissanpatrol.com.au club and have showed them what ifs can do. a front locker would go great in your rig. they only reason the front cv and diff break is from sudden grip while having your foot down. if anything a locker would make it stronger by allowing you to take things slower and with more control. for the d40 there are alot of choices for front locker. arb, tjm, harrop elocker, 4wd systems. take your pick. im waiting fro the elocker for the d22 to be released cause its my choice.

rusty

i know i don't no what to do ... i would like a e-locker as well but im not sure about the install of it .. or who even sells them in vic.. do u know how much they are worth thanks for your input mate

I have a 2011 d40 and just bought a 4wd systems lokka for the front. definate value for money i think. was shipped overnight

i know i don't no what to do ... i would like a e-locker as well but im not sure about the install of it .. or who even sells them in vic.. do u know how much they are worth thanks for your input mate

like i said to you before in other posts $1500. If you google HARROP or EATON you will be able to find someone near you that will sell you the locker and find someone to fit it, its that easy.

i was told around the $1600 mark for elocker installed. to me thats pretty good. seen the last quote i got fro an airlocker was past $2k

rusty

Just wondering is it opposite lock that makes/distributes the e-locker.
Also has anyone tried out the Lokka?

Just had a look on another forum and they were talking about detroit lockers and eaton lockers.

I guess with so much technology around, companies can make lockers rather easily now.

i would much prefer an air locker purely for the reason it can be turned off and less chance of breaking anything

Just wondering is it opposite lock that makes/distributes the e-locker.
Also has anyone tried out the Lokka?

Just had a look on another forum and they were talking about detroit lockers and eaton lockers.

I guess with so much technology around, companies can make lockers rather easily now.

Eaton make the E-LOCKER and Harrop are the distributors.
There are a few guys on here that are running the LOKKA now and from all reports, so far so good.

i would much prefer an air locker purely for the reason it can be turned off and less chance of breaking anything

E-Lockers can be turned on and off just like an air locker.
The good bit about E-lockers is NO COMPRESSOR and if you are unlucky enough to have a wire rip out you can always twist them back together to get out of the crap unlike if you tear off an air line. Also they come as a whole dif center.

OH + they are cheaper and you dont have to buy a compressor

It would be good to have a compressor for tires .. But I still will get the elocker for the front when I have the money lol

Latest posts

Back