275/70/16 BFG all terains

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome dome

Reaction score
Hi i was just looking at the BFG all terrain size chart and i was wondering if anyone is running there 275/70/16s , I think that extra width would look cool but i need to no if they would rub anywhere .

There are a number of sizes that they make which would suit the Nav a lot better like 275/75/16's or 275/70, but most of the manufacturers don't import them too Australia. So we get stuck modding our Nav's too make 285/75/16's fit.
I asked a Mickey Thompson rep about it and he said that if you import them from America instead of buying them from Australia you lose your warranty on them.
Have seen a couple of company's on eBay from Qld selling maxxis in the 275 range of sizes.

I've got 275/70/16 Pirellis on my Nav, no probs at all. Still deciding whether to go the same size next or go back to 265s. Can see them in my garage photos.

Please excuse my ignorance. A lot of you seem to be runing illegal tyres - is that right? Is the max legal limit and additional 15 ml diameter? So does that mean the biggest I can legally run on a d40 is about 265/75? ( no issues at all with big tyres - just dont want headaches with the fuzz :)! ) what is the biggest legal mud tyre? Thanks a lot.

i think that 265 75 16 would be sufficient for the cape... If your in QLD then yeah you can only run 265 70 16 and be legal. in NSW you can go 50mm bigger, so 265 75 16 are legal.

There have been a lot of cruisers go to the cape with the old cheese cutters on em. All depends on the conditions of the tracks you are attempting and as always, how good you are.

Latest posts

Back