Whats the wash?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_cruz

Reaction score
Guys,

after a day out in the mud or a cruise along some beach your ride obviously needs to be washed. I am interested in knowing what others are using to clean their cars and how they wash the underside of the cars after some fun.

For me it a turtle wax for the main and the bars get an autosol metal polish rub down.

Thanks

My d22 most often looks like it has never been off road. This couldn't be further from the truth. What's the point of having it otherwise??
Every time I go away and it gets really muddy underneath I go to a place that steam cleans trucks and machinery. usually costs me about $70. they rinse all the mud of from every nook and cranny and do the engine bay for me. It looks new when they have finished. I do have my own pressure washer for when it's not that dirty underneathe but its a pain in the arse if you cant get the vehicle high enough to get the wand in the right spots. the steam cleaner has a big ramp that I drive up. it put the chassis about 7 feet off the ground. Matey comes out and does his thing for an hour whilst I have a ciggy and watch him. then it's home for a wash of the bodywork. If I have scratched it I use Ferecla G3 or G10 polish to remove scratches. then just a meguiars carnuba handwax. For the alloy, I have stumbled across a new metal polish that works better than anything else I've tried. It's called "purple polish" made by a mob called California customs. It really works well. thorough detailing is a bit of work but in my eyes it's worth it. I tend to do it in stages over a few days.

I'm gunna make a big arse set of ramps that go about 1200mm high so when you drive up them you can get to the underside easily, as for washing it im a slacker and it only gets a wash every now and then. Too busy doing other "STUFF"

I usually wash/chamois within a few days of getting it really dirty, I use some blue Armor-All stuff, not sure of the name.

i use the mother nature rain car wash :D .... but i do wash once before i wax her every 3 or so months

I know ill pay for it later on, but i rely on underseal and the Brittish weather. hasn't been washed for 2 years except for the windows and lights.

put coins in a pressure wash when been on the beach, otherwise take it to the indians, have a coffee and get a tax deduction!

Latest posts

Back