front leaf spring bolt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
trying to install my new leaf springs, any found that the front bolt on the fixed end is too tight to undo ?, how did you guys solve this problem

It's probably rusted in.

When it doubt, grind the bastard off. If your replacing your springs you should replace all the bolts and nuts any way.

if you don't have a rattle gun or compressor- there are a couple options ,

a half drive breaker bar (a really long handle with a square drive on the end) and you can put a snipe on that (hollow tube to extend the length of the handle) - use the right size socket with that

soak it in wd40, or a similar product, triflow is good, at work we have a product called 'mousemilk' at the end of the day any penetrating oil will do, may take a while to start working

also heat will aid in freeing it up, (use a proper heat gun not an oxy torch, lol)

and yes using the oil and heat in conjunction works (i have soaked it then heated it up till the oil starts to smoke off, then put more oil on - more heat more oile etc etc))

patience is the key, if your not in a hurry,

a half drive breaker bar (a really long handle with a square drive on the end) and you can put a snipe on that (hollow tube to extend the length of the handle) - use the right size socket with that

soak it in wd40, or a similar product, triflow is good, at work we have a product called 'mousemilk' at the end of the day any penetrating oil will do, may take a while to start working

also heat will aid in freeing it up, (use a proper heat gun not an oxy torch, lol)

and yes using the oil and heat in conjunction works (i have soaked it then heated it up till the oil starts to smoke off, then put more oil on - more heat more oile etc etc))

X2.........

x3
also grind it off and drill it out. or soak it for a couple days.

Latest posts

Back