MTZ or KM2's your thoughts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerdriver

Reaction score
Im buying a new set of tyres for the nav in 265/75/16 and I would like your opinion on which is best mickey thompson mtz or bf goodrich km2's, I want a tyre thats quiet and good inroad, I'm not expecting that good as they are muddies

km2's are good, get alot more k's out of them compared to the mtz and there pretty loud but they are a mud tyre..

I have had both the Mickey’s & BFG, found the Mickey’s to be very noisy on road & very slippery in the wet on road – off road stick lick shit to a stick, BFG are a lot quieter on road great in the wet on road, off road I have had no complaints, driven then to Fraser Island & many muddy roads without an issue, I would definitely buy the BFG again without any hesitation, plus they have a better size range, I'm running the 255/85R16 33.4 inch

I got the km2s and love them only done a few offroad trips butts far they have been awesome. they aren't too noise on the road, the engine then radio basic drowns them out.

bryan

ended up going with the KM2's $350 each fitted and balanced and free alignment, at burleigh tyres plus, great guys there

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 447
Is the extra clearance that critical on the old tele road? Do forum members have headaches with cops when running big tyres?

any clearance you can get is good clearance, you won't have a problem running these tyres, compared to the patrol's running 35's around the gold coast they don't look twice at ours

So ill dig up an older thread, and see how everyone is thinking after a bit more wear on their tyres. I have been quoted $1340 for the MTZ, $1280 for the KM2s or $1200 for STT in 265/75/16. All these prices include fitting and balancing. Now ive always wanted the MTZ but you guys are swaying me toward the KM2s. Is the on road Handling for the MTZ really that bad? or do BF seem to shine in this area?

I got my KM2's for $410 a tyre (285/75R16) and have had them on for 3500kms now and they have not worn at all, they are quiet and have gone good in the little mud they have seen, I will be going with the KM2's again.

Brett

Ive got mtz on mine and they arent that bad on the road. Ive never had them slip or anything. Maybe im not going hard enough. But im happy with my mtz and will be getting them again

I'm going to be lucky to get 40K's out of my KM2's. Procomps for me next.

I've had procomps before and i only got about 35000k's out of them. And they are directional tires so you cant rotate them at service time like i do with my Big horns.

Ive got mtz on mine and they arent that bad on the road. Ive never had them slip or anything. Maybe im not going hard enough. But im happy with my mtz and will be getting them again

What mileage do you think you'll get from them? Mainly around town, dirt or highway usage?

i have 265/75/16 mtz on an auto d40 they have done about 35k of that was a 10k trip to cape york fully loaded and towing a caravan, i cannot fault the mtz in the wet on road or under brakes when towing. when i first got them they were very quiet but now with about 40-50% tread left they are getting noisy around the 60kph

What mileage do you think you'll get from them? Mainly around town, dirt or highway usage?

The ones i have on now only have done round 1000 ks so hard to tell but before that it had mtz on it. I had done about 30000 ks on them before i changed them but they were on the ute when i got it and id say were roughly half worn so im not exactly sure what to expect out of them. But the two best ones still had maybe 4 mm of even tread left. A bloke i know with a cruiser recons he got over 80000 ks out of a set of mtz

Im going with the KM2s after talking to an older mate who has run 2 sets of the MTZ on his cruiser, and has gone to the BF. Reckons they drive a lot straighter and there was less issue in balancing them. From what ive heard the KM2s are quieter on the road than some all terrains which is good too... and $60 saving is still a $60 saving...

Latest posts

Back