Mundaring Powerline Trek 6th September

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,
i've decided to make this the official Mundaring Powerline Trek thread.

THIS IS A FREE FOR ALL TRIP, NOT JUST NAVARA's (though they seem to be the majority, haha)

heres the details

Mundaring Powerlines Service Track (used as a public 4x4 track)
Entry through Flynn Road (daddymatty said he would bring his 4x4 track guide so directions and tips will be thanks to him )

meeting point:
we are all to meet at the service/fuel station located corner of Great Eastern Highway and Old Sawyers Road

meeting time:
everyone is to hopefully meet at the service/fuel station between 10 to 10:30am, and we will all leave at 10:45am for the track. this should hopefully allow for enough time for everyone to rock up early/late and also allows for people to purchase fuel, drinks, food, etc from the station.

what to bring:
if you have ANY recovery gear then PLEASE bring it as in the case of 4wding you can never have too many spares.

the basics to bring would be:
- snatch strap/s
- LOAD RATED recovery shackles (do not bring any random workers ones as it is stupid to risk the lives of people by using unsuitable equipment
- a spare wheel/tyre (you should have one on the car anyway)
- water
- food (we plan to have lunch at a certain undecided time and we can have breaks whenever people want)
- car tools (i mean the standard items such as the car jack, the nut wrench, etc incase wheels need to be changed)

if possible please bring a UHF CB radio and set it to channel 16 so that if issues arise others can be alerted and helping each other can be better organised instead of yelling like idiots at each other :hang2:

currently on the list of 'going and possibly going': (underlined are confirmed)
george (meself)
daniel (mates whos car i'm borrowing)

bryan (roundy)
daddymatty86
daddymatty86's brother

stove

map:
meetj.png

other notes:
before we all set off onto the track it would be best for everyone to do a quick under-bonnet check to make sure all hoses are clamped, the intake system is all sealed up so that no one risks a leak during a river crossing (it might happen!). also if the service station has those automated tyre inflators we can all set our pressures down to say 25psi (anyone else got experience on this track and have a good number? i am just generalising).

also it'd be a good idea for everyone to get on a first name basis so we're not saying into the radios "hey mate in the hilux, i see your bogged again!" :happy_smile:

hope to see you all there and please let me know here for any changes of attendance details!

i aint taking charge of this trip, i just want to make it all known to everyone and have this more organised instead of random posts all over a single thread :proud:

Last edited:
quote t-roy

hey just got back from the powerlines today. for those that wanted to kno the track is pretty chopped up and the ruts r pretty big to. all of the water crossings are fairly deep and there is also a fait bit of mud out there. ill post up some pics once my mate uploads them

so is everyone still going? post here to confirm if you're going or not, cheers

Still in too, will have a mate in my car with me. Other mate with cruiser is busy.

Hopefully not too hard with the stock tyres/no lift

keen.
the more mud the better.
better be some deep ass mud pits.

keen.
the more mud the better.
better be some deep ass mud pits.

sorry cant make it guys im stuck in albany till the 18th.
some of the water crossings were ridiculous. hope u hav a snorkle if your goin to hav a crack at them. i got water well up to my windows on one of them

tomorrow is clearing showers

hope you all still decide to go even though we've had a bit of rain today

let me know if you're going to drop out even though you dont really need too.

THE MORE MUD THE BETTA! haha

oh farkin brilliant. mates dads friend who is a supposed 4x4 instructor is trying to convince my mate not to go.

pfft, i dont see why?

the track is used year round by many 4wd groups and many 4wd'ers with much success. i have seen plenty of youtube vids and plenty of photos of people doing the track. i even have seen on tv and 4wd shows of them doing the mundaring track and they loved it!

he bloody not pull out last minute or i will be PISSED!

Will be awesome mate! Pumped to go.
Looks like a lot of shale out there and mud pits on the way in and out. Should make for a sick day all round.
Put a recovery hook on the front this morning, got a feeling i'm going to need it...

sorry guys, but my mate (also my ride) has decided to pussy out of it even though i've explained to him all hard stuff can be gotten around and i quote him on the general track appearance 'it looks ridiculous!'

what a shitter, a real shitter.

4wding is about going hard, but being sensible! risks are to be taken and if it gets rough then harden up!

sorry guys, but my mate (also my ride) has decided to pussy out of it even though i've explained to him all hard stuff can be gotten around and i quote him on the general track appearance 'it looks ridiculous!'

what a shitter, a real shitter.

4wding is about going hard, but being sensible! risks are to be taken and if it gets rough then harden up!

what a pain in the ass mate if you still wanna go drive up to servo and jump in my car or ill pick you up on the way mate seems a shame to organise this then miss out

yeah, i really wanted to go get muddin!

thanks for the offer mate, but my other friend saw that i couldnt go so he is making his mum drive him up to lancelin as my mate says lancelin is ok since it's not as 'rough' or 'wet', haha

gotta hate it when your the oldest of your mates and they have 4wd's and you don't XD DAMN IT haha

get heaps of pics guys!

good luck to you lot and have a safe trip! i hope none of you come back with any panel damage and hope you lot have a fun time.

if you like the track then perhaps we can do it again during the bit drier time or perhaps again in a mud run before summer kicks in.

its lame as my nav is 2wd so it'd probably be too risky with all those water crossing and big mud bog hills (when you do it tomorrow try to see how long you can go in 2wd before your stuck, haha), grand parents have an awd kluger which sucks as it is fully road tyres and low clearance and i cant use dads landcruiser ute as if that stuffs up on the trip then he has no method of transporting his 3t work trailer.

once again, good like and safe travels :)

Latest posts

Back