D22 dual battery trays for sale

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyhodgkin

Reaction score
Hi all, just letting you know that for anyone looking for a dual battery tray for the d22 ( the small one at the rear left side of the engine bay) I'll be making them to sell if anyone is interested. They are of similar design to the piranha ones, but about half the price! If you would like to order one pm me, it'll take a week or two as ill make them to order. Here's a couple pics of mine. Cheers tommy.

a4c5bf81.jpg

a6b5affc.jpg

For those with the later model d22's with ABS--this tray will not fit.:pissedoff:

What is the tray made of and is it galvanised or painted in what type of paint ?..thanks alot

Last edited:
For those with the later model d22's with ABS--this tray will not fit.:pissedoff:

What is the tray made of and is it galvanised or painted in what type of paint ?..thanks alot
The tray is made of sheet galvanised, but I sand blasted the gal off so the paint would take better, I used satin black galmet paint and gave it four coats.

This looks very good! Is it a bolt on job or do I need to drill holes?
How close does the fuel filter get to the turbo? It makes me paranoid having the fuel filter on the same side as the hottest component of the engine!

This looks very good! Is it a bolt on job or do I need to drill holes?
How close does the fuel filter get to the turbo? It makes me paranoid having the fuel filter on the same side as the hottest component of the engine!

One hole needs to be drilled in the seam of the firewall, but the other 3 are using pre-existing threads. The filter is about 30-4omm from the turbo heat shield, I too was worried about this to begin with, but it doesn't actually get that hot, more warm, and you have cool fuel flowing through all the time anyway.

If u make 1 for the front of the D22 ill take 1 mate

Your the second person that has requested this, once I make the rear ones that ppl have ordered I will look at the possibility of making one for the front. Although no guarantees at this stage as I have a snorkel pipe in the way!

Ok, I've ordered, paid, received and installed a Tommy Hodgkin battery tray under the bonnet of my d22, and it's awesome! He's manufactured the tray amazingly well (everything lines up!), included everything needed for fitment, and done so in a very timely manner.

The only trouble I had in fitting the tray was the air con tube was in the way of my fingers and getting a bolt in and I needed to extend my fuel hose, but that was eventually overcome. I have no complaints about the tray what so ever. I'll eventually get around to taking some photos tonight and post them here and in my build up thread.

ok, here's some photos of the battery tray install.

Pic1, Overall photo of the install

Pic2, Close-up shot of the bolt i had trouble getting in because of the silly air-con pipe

Pic3, And the other air-con pipe this tray had to clear (and does!)

Pic4, Fuel hose i had to extend to make it all work.

Pic5, The only hole i have to drill to complete the install, still unsure how i'm gonna do this, i need to find a right-angle drill from somewhere!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 163
I'm in need of one of these if you are still making them?
What price am I looking at?

Cheers!

Yeah I have a couple made but a couple guys after them so it could take a couple weeks, I've got a bit on ATM, there $130 posted and I prefer direct deposit, pm me if you want to go ahead!

Latest posts

Back