Will ARB Ever do a Front Locker ????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z_halen250

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you think they will every produce a front diff lock for the 40 ?? Whats going on - Is there some problem designing one or getting reliability with the original components???

Sorry fella's looking at the application chart 2005 - onwards has a TBD next to the part code, i'm only guessing here, but maybe TBD means - To Be Designed (or possibly not designed)

ARB do a rear diff lock. Same diff used in the Nissan Titan.

The Titan runs a stronger front diff then the D40 though.

D40's in the USA runs the same front diff as our's, the diffs are built by Dana.

Have a look what else in US run's the same diff. Dodge and Ford and Jeep run Dana diffs.

Patrol's and D21/D22 Navara's runs diff's made by Fuji heavy industries which Nissan has a stake in.

From memory I remember reading the D40 or the Titan run the M24 front diff.

Dave.

if the d40 isnt already out yet, its in design, the d22 front locker is still being tossed up

Depends on the push from the states, which is starting to grow now they have aftermarket gear ratios available.

Most of the done up D22's in the US will be running the VG30E/VG33E.

Rear diff H233B and the front diff R200A.

They also got the KA24E/DE powered models, once the KA24E/DE models start getting done up the more, more things that will come out here. KA24E/DE models run the C200 rear diff and the R180A front diff like our diesels.

Dave.

Having a rear locker fitted in late October for my D40, ARB engineering said the front diff is to small for a locker.

there will hopefully be one for the Titan and seeing as the Titan front diff + V8 pathfinder inner cv joints(w/ navara axles and outer cv's) or complete axles is a direct swap then that would be a viable upgrade.

I've Been Annoying

Hey Guys, I've been annoying the good people at ARB trying to find out some more about this seeing as though no-one in any ARB shop really knew, but this is the official reply i had

Hi again Nick,

The D40 front is still not started. It will definitely go ahead when the current list of Air Lockers we are working on is completed.

Our estimate of what that means in terms of when you could see one is the second quarter of 2010, ie between April and June.

Kind Regards

Greg J Milton

Greg J Milton

National Product and Services Manager

ARB Corporation Ltd

Head office and Manufacturing Complex

* 42 - 44 Garden St, Kilsyth, VIC, 3137

AUSTRALIA –

613 9761 6622

, [email protected]

So I really think we should hold these guys to it aswell. I'm really hoping that they do follow through with it as i'm stinging for one..

Cheers Fella's :victory::victory::idea:

Latest posts

Back