My D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad D21 Pete. I wish they brought the D22 kingcab out here.

James post some pics of yours in a tread of yours.

Dave.

Nice 21 Pete, wish I could rip the back seat out of mine and set up fridges etc in there but then there would be nowhere for the little bloke to sit.

mate that is a neat seat up in the back.. love the speakers. iv got to get the back of my d40 sorted, 6x9's are in boxes under the seat. 2 12inch subs stacked ontop of eachother... should buy some MDF and start from there....

Thanks navman, that's exactly where I started, shoulda taken pics along the way. mdf is cheap but makes a mess when workin it, do it outside if you can.
Pete

Well I'm back with another D21, well a WD21 to be precise but as I found this such a great community I'm gonna share my project Terrano with you all, it all started when I was browsing through Gumtree adds looking for a cheap Terrano when I came across "Terrano, free to good home" so I rang up and found out it was 250ks from me and had a blown transmission but the single picture on gumtree showed that it looked in fairly good nick and the woman who owned it was very fond of it and didn't want it to go to the wreckers but it was at the stage where she couldn't justify spending any more money on it :sad:
Here it is when I got it home. The plan is to get it back on the road as cheaply as possible but having said that I plan to renew parts as I go, could take a while!
So far I've given it a good clean inside to clean out the previous tenants(families of redbacks)
Next, after reading all about removing the transmission, I started with the torsion bars
That's where I'm at at the moment

Last edited:
Good score mate good to see it didn't get wasted and will return to the road.
I've thought about getting rid of my navara and getting a terrano/pathfinder
but the utes too handy especially with muddy mountain bikes.
Good luck with the build.

Yeah, figured that a bit later on. Looks pretty clean inside for Arnold wagon.

You gonna have the auto reconditioned, or source another gearbox?

Gonna have a crack at rebuilding it meself Pinelli, if I can source a master rebuild kit, I've read one write up on rebuilding them and I'm confident enough in my ability to at least have a crack then if it all turns to shit it was due to be replaced anyway :hahaha:
I like Arnold wagon, mind if I use that?

Sadly Arnold is no more, way too much rust to be resurrected, the wheels and the front seats will go to Bluey and somewhere down the track the TD27T will find its way to the Navara, I'm just about to start pulling the gearbox out for a rebuild so watch this space :hahaha:
Navara asia meet Bluey

Last edited:
Back