Bendethera trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pix

Reaction score
It had been a few weeks since my last trip out, so my mates and I decided an over night trip was in order. We decided a trip up to Bendethera camp grounds would be fun. We took the "harder" track in from Araluen expecting it to be pretty tricky and require a few recoveries, from what we had heard. What we came across was some spectacular scenery, very steep hills and 3 river crossings. Apart from that the track was pretty easy, but highly recommended, and there were plenty camp sites for the choosing for the night. We took the easier way out in the morning for something different headed towards Moruya (the camp trailer track) which was easy enough to take a sedan along, and then the highway back home to Canberra.
All in all it was a great overnight spot, there are some little 4x4 tracks around the camping areas and a few more river crossings to test how water proof your nav is.

Attachments

• image-457710092.jpg
    image-457710092.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2911041822.jpg
    image-2911041822.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2900529250.jpg
    image-2900529250.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2588014142.jpg
    image-2588014142.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 120
Last time I was down there a group of patrols had tried to come in the way you did. Had to turn back an come in from the moruya side. Something about the bull dust being too much.

It's a great trip and excellent country to drive through! So close to home as well.
Looks like the Rivera were up too?

Sounds like you had a good weekend.

We went there at xmas time and stayed at the dry creek area just on the other side of the first river crossing as you come in from Araluen, and had a great week.

What i couldnt believe was how straight those long hill climbs were, at times you could see three or four hills away all in a perfect line, all the trials around my local area zig zag.

It was like the guy in the dozer just pick a point 5km away then just went for it.... lol

Did you do the walk up to the Bendethera caves??

The boys at TJM Carlton just mentioned to me today they were looking at doing a big trip down there in June. Me and a few of the boy from work may head down

Being there during snow season would be a good trip, in headed up long plain rd in June before they lock the gates, hot springs and snow is a good mix.
As for the caves, I didn't check them out. After the drive in, camp set up then an explore drive we ran out of time before the beers were cracked. It's a good spot and worth the trip I think.

I've been down here a few times now.
Always in convoy, with the excuses flying around ill be going in solo this weekend.
Can anyone see any reason why is have trouble?
Going in the captains flat way...

Latest posts

Back